Chapter 3 Construction of Clear Sentences and Paragraphs
1. Because long sentences are hard to understand, the business writer should make no sentence longer than 25 words.
Answer: False Page: 49 Difficulty: Easy
Rationale: Long sente
Chapter 7 Indirectness in Bad-News Messages
1. Negative messages are received more positively when presented directly followed by convincing explanation.
Answer: True Page: 164 Difficulty: Easy
Rationale: Most people accept bad news w
Chapter 6 Directness in Good News and Neutral Messages
1. Message situations that are clearly good news appropriately are written in the indirect order.
Answer: False Page: 111 Difficulty: Easy
Rationale: The writer will have to decid
Chapter 5 The Writing Process and an Introduction to Business Messages
1. There is one recommended writing process that all business writers should use.
Answer: False Page: 87 Difficulty: Medium
Rationale: While there are several comm
Chapter 4 Writing For Effect
1. Building goodwill through messages is gratifying to business people personally, but it is difficult to justify as a profitable business
Answer: False Page: 68 Difficulty: Easy
Chapter 2 Adaptation and the Selection of Words
1. A good rule is to write so that a person just like you can understand the message.
Answer: False Page: 25 Difficulty: Medium
Rationale: You should adapt the writing to your readers.