Perception- Study Questions Chapter 3
Neural Processing and Perception
Functions and Demonstrations of Lateral Inhibition
1. Describe lateral inhibition. What purpose does it serve in the vision?
Lateral inhibition is inhibition that is transmitted
Human Perception Virtual Labs for Chapter 4
1. Where do both pathways originate? To which cortical area does the dorsal pathway
go? The ventral pathway?
Both pathways originate in the occipital lobe, the where/how (dorsal) pathway then goes
Phantoms in the Brain Chapters 1 and 2
The anomalies and odd cases we find with the brain can teach us a lot and should not
just be filed away
There is so much we dont know about the brain and it is ha
Thought Paper 2
Is Reality Real?
The concept of reality is not something that is easily explained. It is abstract, but put
simply it is what we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell in our environment. It is what is
Virtual Labs for Chapter 12
12.3 Reverberation Time
1. How did the sound quality differ in the four versions?
There was more of an echo as the reverberation time increased. With just a little
reverberation it sounded fuller.
2. Which reverberation time pr
Chapter 1: Introduction to
Why Study Perception?
Graduate school work in perception
Devices to assist people with vision and
hearing losses and with pain
Understanding how you perceive the world
Human Perception - Virtual Labs for Chapter 3
1. Indicate the response of receptor A when only A is stimulated.
2. Indicate the response of receptor A when A and neighbors L and R are stimulated.
3. Indicate the response of receptor A
Lab Make-Up Work
Stats Bootcamp Results
1. An independent samples t-test was conducted to see if people who conduct research
are more likely to have a higher GPA. The independent t-test revealed that, contrary to
Human Perception - Virtual Lab for Chapter 11
11.3 Frequency Response of the Ear
1. What is the lowest and highest frequency you heard for Series 1?
I heard 4-9
2. What is the lowest and highest frequency you heard for Series 2?
I heard 3-9
3. What is the
Human Perception Virtual Labs Chapter 10
10.1 - Convergence
What two things must be known in order to use convergence information to compute
the distance of an object in the environment
The distance between the two eyes and the angle with which the eye
.The grey icecube is info from location columns. And is on both of the retinas
.Ocular dominance columns: within we have the orientation columns
.By size: location, ocular dominance, and orientation
.All these are in the first layers of the occipital lobe
2. Why is the understanding of perception important within the field of psychology? Why might
it be important for you personally?
The material in perception is relevant to future studies in medicine or related fields, because much of
the discussion is abo
Human Perception- Study Questions Overview, Chapter 1 & Appendix on Signal Detection
1. What is meant by the term levels of exploration? Why are the distinctions between the levels important for
our purposes? Which levels will we be exploring in
Thought Paper 1
Billy and the Brain
Once upon a time there was a boy named Billy. Billy was just like any other seven-yearold boy he loves to run, play in the mud, and stay out late playing games with the rest of