1. In CPM, _ are specified.
a) exact levels of uncertainty associated with activities
b) an expected time, a crash time, and the standard deviation time
c) three costs
d) Two activity times and two costs*
Response: Refer to the section: Critical
1. The project plan must be designed in such a way that the project outcome meets _.
a) the objectives of the parent organization *
b) unauthorized requests for change in the project outcome
c) the requirements associated with scope creep
1. If a project budget is over funded, it will often _.
a) produce waste
b) encourage slack management
c) improve morale
d) produce waste and encourage slack management*
Response: Refer to the section: Introduction.
2. If a project budget is und
1. The authors identify three forces that combine to mandate the use of teams to solve problems. Identify the force that
the authors named.
a) explosion in the growth of certified project managers
b) worldwide acceptance of the Project Managemen
1. Identify the attribute that is NOT normally associated with the job of functional manager.
a) The functional manager is usually a generalist in the area being managed.*
b) The functional manager is responsible for deciding what resources will
1. The authors recommend preparing a schedule for each _.
a) work package in the WBS
b) task in the WBS
c) major task level in the WBS*
d) project that has a WBS
Response: Refer to the section: Background
2. In application, PERT(ADM) has primari