Causative Verbs Worksheet
Using causative verbs; MAKE / HAVE / GET
Y do something
Y do something
Y to do something
X forces Y to do. Y has no chance
X asks Y to do and Y says OK.
X persuades Y to do.
Because / Because Of / Therefore
Complete the sentences with because of, because , or therefore.
1. _ it rained, we stayed home.
2. It rained _ we stayed home.
3. We stayed home _ the rain.
4. The hurricane was moving directly toward a
Causative Verbs Worksheet 2
Complete the sentences below in your own words.
1. I got my friend _.
2. Sometimes parents make their children _.
3. When I'm at a restaurant, I sometimes have the waiter _.
4. People take their cars to serv
Conjunctions Such or So
Add such or so to the following sentences.
1. The wind was so strong that it blew my hat off my head.
2. Sue is such a good pianist that Im surprised she didnt go into music professionally.
3. The radio was_ lou
Adjectives Adverbs Structure Test 2
1. "Mrs. Smith is always beautifully dressed."
"Yes, she wears _ nice clothes that everybody envies her."
c) such a
d) so much
2. "What do you think of Frank's new project?"
Adjectives Adverbs Structure Test 1
1. I've never owned _ independent cat before!.
a) a more than
b) such an
c) as much an
d) as such
2. Brian has been working _ since he was promotead.
a) such a
c) more and more
d) just as
Adjectives Adverbs Exercises 2
D. Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first. Make any
grammatical changes that may be necessary.
1. Fewer people attendant the committee meeting than the Chairman had expected.
Fill in the blanks with A / AN or THE or nothing at all.
1. _most of _ stories people tell about_Irish are not true.
2. _beef we had for dinner last night was excellent.
3. Everyone has problems in _ life.
4. I don't
D . Complete the second sentence www.grammarbank.com
so that it means the same as the first. Make any
Adjectives Adverbs Quiz
E. Complete the sentences with the correct alternative.
1 .Your blue skirt is _the
A ) much worse than
D) as better as
Complete the sentences with the following quantifiers.
a lot of
1. Very _ people fly just because of terrorist activities.
2. Tony is a keen golfer but unfort
QUANTIFIERS / DETERMINERS EXERCISES
Choose the appropriate quantifier / determiner.
1. Can I have a few / some / many butter please?
2. He has a lot of / many / some money. He owns two large apartments.
3. Do you want sugar in your tea?
Just how much / a
Paired Conjunctions Worksheets 2
Rewrite these sentences using pair conjunctions
1. I didnt need to visit the Cathedral. You didnt need to either.
2. A hammer might help us with this kind of work. In fact a piece of stone might
Due To / Since / Consequently
Complete the sentences with due to, since. or consequently.
1. _his poor eyesight, John has to sit in the front row in class.
2. _ John has poor eyesight, he has to sit in the front row.
3. John has poor e
Fill in blanks using the words EITHER / NEITHER or BOTH
A: Would you like a piece of sandwich or some biscuits?
B: _, if possible. Im extremely hungry.
A: Who would you like to go with. Peter or Andrew?
Complete the sentences with correct alternatives
1. On some computers there are keys which can have as many as five different functions _.
2. _ Peter _ Mitch come here
Complete the following sentences with one of the following
1. Your driver will take you _ you wish to go on
Coordinating Conjunctions Exercise
Choose the correct conjunction.
1. I did my best to pass my English exam yet / so I failed.
2. I will get my car serviced and / for there is something wrong with the brakes.
3. The suspect went to the airport and / yet t
Fill in the blanks with This / These / That / Those
near in time / place
distant in time / place
: this, that
: these, those
: this, these
: that, those
1. Are we going out _ evening?
2. A: I hear that yo
Conjunctions So That
Complete the sentences in COLUMN A with the ideas in COLUMN B using SO THAT
Payspecial attention to the verb forms following so that.
1. Aly borrowed an eraser so that _
2. Jack fixed the leak in the boat so that _
Conjunctions Exercises 2
Complete the sentences with one of the words or phrases
the same way
by the time
1. _ they heard the bell, the penguins rushed to the edge of the pool.
2. You h
I I NI VERSI TY
M AL BY
T.lliog the time
Improve your listening: Giving directions - exercises
Do the preparation exercise first. Then look at the map and listen to the directions while you do the
Do this exercise before you listen. Write the correct word in the boxes belo
Peter R. Garber
HRD Press, Inc. Amherst Massachusetts
Copyright 2008, Peter R. Garber
The materials that appear in this book, other than those quoted
from prior sources, may be reproduced for educat
Since we have two ears and one mouth, perhaps we
should listen twice as much as we speak.
Communication Key Concepts
As the quotation on the section cover suggests, there are two important aspects
of the commu
Planning a Listening Activity
by Sarah Sahr
Listen no seriously listen. In the classroom, what do you hear?
A door opening
The air conditioning running
In a language classroom, I
The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a
wise man is in his heart.
Baylor Universitys Community Mentoring for Adolescent Development
COMMUNICATION AND LISTENING SKILLS
Listening and Speaking Activities for Adult ESL Learners
Aligned with the
BEST Plus Assessment
Jane C. Miller
Colorado Department of Education
Adult Education & Family Literacy
Regional Assessment Trainings
CDE/AEFL, Jane C. Miller
Dialogue, 2004, Vol. 3, pp. 53-66
Copyright 2004 TALK
Listening Comprehension Research:
A Brief Review of the Past Thirty Years
Waseda University (Part-time lecturer)
This paper attempts to clarify what has and what ha