2. Name the three types of frequency distributions, and explain when each should be used.
Categorical- Used for data that can be placed in specific categories.
Ungrouped- When the range of data is relatively small and a frequency distribution
October 1, 2014
1. What is a z score?
A z score tells how many standard deviations the data value is above or below the mean.
8. To which percentile, quartile, and decile does the median correspond?
2. Why might the range not be the best estimate of variability?
One extremely high or one extremely low data value will influence the range.
4. What are the symbols used to represent the sample variance and standard deviation?
s or s
1. What is a probability experiment?
A probability experiment is a chance process that leads to well-defined results called outcomes.
2. Define sample space.
The set of all possible outcomes of a probability experiment is called a sample spac
Homework Chapter 2.3
1. Number of Hurricanes Construct a vertical bar chart for the total number of hurricanes by month from
1851 to 2008.
Number of Hurricanes
Chapter 2 Homework 2.2
1. Do Students Need Summer Development? For 108 randomly selected college applicants, the following
frequency distribution for entrance exam scores was obtained. Construct a histogram, frequency polygon, and
ogive for the data. (The
September 24, 2014
3. High Temperatures The reported high temperatures (in degrees Fahrenheit) for selected world cities on an
October day are shown below. Which measure of central tendency do you th
Homework: Chapter 1
11. Data that can be classified according to color are measure on what scale?
13. A variable that interferes with other variables in the study is called?
a.) Confounding variable
18. Three reasons why samples are used in st
2. 19, 16, 48, 22, 7
The Five Number Summary:
1) The lowest value of the data set: 7
2) Q1: 7, 16, 19, 22, 48 =
3) Median: 7, 16, 19, 22, 48
4) Q3: 7, 16, 19, 22, 48 =
5) The highest value of the data set: 48
Trigonometry Homework Booklet
Convert 5.3 radians to degrees.
B. x =
C. x =
D. x =
Which expression is equivalent to
A. sec x
COLLEGE ALGEBRA TRIGONOMETRY
Business and Finance (MAT115)
This course will start with a review of basic algebra (factoring, solving linear equations, and equalities, etc.) and
proceed to a study of polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometri
Intro to Geometry
How I Learned to Love Schwarz-Christoffel
Geometry is basic to everything in civilization.
Everyone learns it, .everywhere in the world!
Stiggins pg. 18 when the brain is in an
anxious state of tension it becomes difficult
A Correlation of
Algebra & Trigonometry
A Correlation of Algebra & Trigonometry, Blitzer 2014
to the Utah Secondary Mathematics Core Curriculum - Precalculus
Resource Title: Algebr
Right Angle Trigonometry Homework Problems
1. The hypoteneuse of a right triangle has length 10. One of the angles is 32 degrees. Find the length
of the side opposite and also the length of the side adjacent to the angle of 34 degrees.
2. A tree is 50 fee
Table of Trigonometric Identities
Page 1 of 3
Ads by Google
Trig Homework Solver
Solves your trigonometry problems with step-by-step explanations. www.Bagatrix.com
Ads by Google
Table of Trigonometric