FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES -PRACTICE 5
1. Evaporator is used to concentrate a dilute 4 wt% caustic soda (CS) solution to 25 wt%.
Calculate the amount of water to be evaporated per 100 kg of feed.
2. Stream 1, containing only substance A, is mixed
BURSA TEKNK NVERSTES
GIDA MHENDSL BLM
ANALTK KMYA LABORATUVAR DERS NOTLARI
SUDA SERTLK TAYN
1. SU ANALZLER
1.1.Sularda Sertlik Tayini
Suyun saland kaynaklar, ya suyu, (kar, yamur vb.) yzey suyu
( gl, rmak vb.) deniz suyu ve yer alt suyu (kaynak, kuyu vb)
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES -PRACTICE 4-2016
1. The specific heat capacity of toluene is given by following equation
Cp = 20.869 + 5.293 X 10-2 T where Cp is in Btu/(lb mol) ( F) and T is in F
Express the equation in cal/(g mol) (K) with T in K.
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES - PRACTICE 8
1) Determine the fraction of the original water which is condensed when an air-water vapor
mixture at 55C and 101.325 kPa having 50% RH is:
a) Cooled at constant pressure to 20C.
b) Compressed isothermally
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES - PRACTICE 9
1) Pasteurized fruit juice at 80C will be used preheating of fruit juice at 20C in heat
exchanger. If 100 kg pasteurized fruit juice will be cooled to 32C, 110 kg fruit juice
heated to how many degrees?
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES -PRACTICE 1
1. Work (W) is defined as force (F) acting upon an object to cause a displacement(L).What are
the corresponding units of work, in SI system and AE system.
2. Classify the following terms under the head
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES - PRACTICE 7
A gas containing 9.2% CO2 , 0.4% C2H4 , 20.9% CO, 15.6% H2 , 1.9% CH 4 and 52% N2 is
burned with air in a combustor. The combustion product is called flue gas, and the flue gas
contains 10.8% CO2 ,0.4% C
FE 201 Material and Energy Balances
(10 points)In the carbonation of a soft drink, the total quantity of carbon dioxide required
is the equivalent of 3 volumes of gas to one volume of water at 0C a
ADNAN MENDERES UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING FACULTY
FOOD ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES(FE 201)
COURSE SYLLABUS 2016-2017
Course Code, Name
FE 201, Material and Energy Balances
Credit: ECTS: 3/4
Pre-requisites: Hours per week: Lecture: 2 hr
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES -PRACTICE 2
1. Perform the unit conversions for the following question
16,2 btu/h.ft.F= ? cal/s.cm.C
2. Mass flow through a sonic nozzle is a function of gas pressure and temperature. For a given
pressure p and temperat
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES - PRACTICE 3
1. Convert 0.5 lbf s/ft2 to Pas
2. 6 gallons of gasoline costs $21.00. How does a liter cost?
3. The density of certain solution is 8.80 lb/ galon at 80C. How many cubic meter (m3)
will be occupied by 11200
FE 201 MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES - PRACTICE 6
1. If 10 g of N2 reacts with 10 g of H2 and NH3 is formed in the reactor,
a) Which species is the limiting reactant?
b) Which species is the excess reactant?
c) What is the maximum number of grams of NH3?
Introduction-Properties of Fluids
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hilal AHN NADEEM
Fluid mechanics deals with
behaviour of the fluids at rest as well
as in motion.
Hydrostatics: that studies the mechanics of fluids at
absolute and rel