Chapter: Chapter 4: Atmospheric Moisture and Precipitation
1. Thunderstorms are most associated with which of the following precipitation-producing
A) Orographic uplift
E) Wave cyclone d
Chapter: Chapter 3: Air Temperature
1. Which of the following is not one of the major factors influencing surface temperature?
A) Coastal compared to interior locations
B) Suface type
Link to Text:
Chapter: Chapter 7: Global Climates
1. Which of the following pairs of variables are most important in defining the climate of a region?
A) Wind speeds and temperature
B) Air pressure and temperature
C) Rainfall and temperature
D) Air pres
Chapter: Chapter 6: Weather Systems
1. Cold fronts compared to warm fronts are:
A) slower moving, with more intense rainfall
B) faster moving, with more intense rainfall
C) slower moving, with less intense rainfall
D) faster moving, with l
Chapter: Chapter 5: Winds and the Global Circulation System
1. How does the magnitude of the Coriolis force vary with latitude?
A) Deflection is zero at the equator and maximum at the poles
B) Deflection is zero at the poles and maximum at
Chapter: Chapter 1: The Earth as a Rotating Planet
1. The Sun's rays are directly overhead at 90 degrees at the _ on December, 22.
A) Tropic of Cancer
C) Tropic of Capricorn
D) Arctic Circle
E) Antarctic Circle
2. The Earth's ax