Description: In Nine-Ball, on each shot the first object ball the cue ball contacts must be the _lowest_ numbered ball on the table, but the balls do not need to be pocketed in order. If a player pockets any ball on a legal shot, that pla
Etiquette & Basic Rules
1. When starting play, a _Cue_ is used to determine the player who will break. 2. The opposing player is responsible for _Racking_ the balls. Proper etiquette is to make sure _the rack is tight_. 3. Turns are called _innings_ in bi
Draw/Follow/Stop Shots and English
1. _English_ refers to a shot with left or right spin. 2. 3 things happen with right english: a. The cue ball deflects off the tip to the _left_ of the line of
the cue stick.
b. The cue ball may curve back _oppositely_.
1. It is usually played in social situations rather than for _serious_ play.
2. Cut-Throat requires 3 or 5 players
a. Groups are balls numbered 1-5, 6-10, and 11-15 with 3 players, and 1-3, 4-6, 7-9,
10-12, 13-15 with 5
Bridges and Striking the Object Ball
1. The four types of bridges we will learn are the _closed_,
_Open_, _Arched_, and _standard_ bridge , in addition to using the mechanical bridge.
2. The bridge hand should never _Leave_ on any shot. 3. The bridge hand
Breaking and Banking
1. There are 3 major goals on a break shot.
a. _Scatter_ the balls as much as possible.
b. _Pocket_ at least one ball.
c. Keep the cue ball at the _End_ of the table.
2. If you want to use a different cue to break than you normally pl
Aiming and Speed
1. The first step to aiming the cue ball is determining the Point of _Contact_.
2. It is helpful to imagine a _Line_ on the table as the point in which to shoot the cue
ball towards. No matter where the ball is on the table, you should ai
Eight Ball Rules
BCA Tournament Rules:
Objective: One player must pocket the balls numbered 1-7 (solid colors), the other player must pocket the balls
numbered 9-15(striped). The first player to pocket all of the correct balls and then legally pocket the
* from head of table
1. The object of Seven-Ball is to legally pocket the _7 ball_.
2. The rack can be set up by using the _diamond_ rack and turning it sideways.
3. The first ball struck on each shot must be the _lowest_ numbered
1. The object of Rotation is to score the most _points_. If there is a tie, the last
player to pocket a ball gets a bonus _point aka winning_.
2. _Any number_ of players can play in the same game of rotation.
3. The point-value for
In Nine-Ball, on each shot the first object ball the cue ball contacts must be the
_lowest_ numbered ball on the table, but the balls do not need to be pocketed in order. If a
player pockets any ball on a legal shot, that pla