Summary Steps for Creating Scatter-Plot Graphs with EXCEL 2007
Create the chart:
1. Click on the INSERT tab
2. Click on SCATTER in the Charts group a drop-down menu of scatter-plot types
will open up
3. Select Smooth Lines and Markers or other desired cha
P404 Homework #6, Due Friday November 22, 2013.
In class, we concentrated on the case in which the noise-alone and signal-plus-noise distributions have equal variances. A more elaborate version of signal-detection theory makes allowance for the noise-alon
P404 Homework #5, Due 11/04/13 (50 Points total).
1. (10 points). In a signal-detection experiment, a subject produces the results below. Compute d and beta.
2. (10 Points). Suppose that a new experiment is performed with the sa
P404 Homework #3 Due 10/7/13
The attached EXCEL file contains some more Major League Baseball (MLB) data. In answering the following questions, do NOT use the Regression tool that EXCEL provides in its data analysis "toolpak". Rather, do the problems step
P404 Homework #2 Due 9/23/13
The attached EXCEL file contains real major-league baseball data from 2006. Use these data and EXCEL to answer the following problems.
1. Treating salary as the Y variable (i.e., the to-be-predicted variable), and MLB Years as
P404 Homework #4, Due 10/28/13
1. In a signal-detection experiment, two subjects produce the results below.
Compute d' and the likelihood-ratio bias measure (beta) for each of the t
P404, Homework 1. Due 9/13/13
Information will be forthcoming next week regarding the mechanism for returning your homework.
The attached EXCEL spreadsheet provides a list of annual salaries (in MILLIONS) earned by major league baseball players in 2006. F