Chapter 10 - Payroll Taxes
1. What type of compensation is subject to employer withholding?
Wages subject to withholding include all pay given to employees for services
performed. The wages include sal
Chapter 13 - At-Risk/Passive Activity Loss Rules and the Individual Alternative Minimum Tax
AT-RISK/PASSIVE ACTIVITY LOSS RULES AND
THE INDIVIDUAL ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX
1. Discuss the at risk concept and how it applies to
Chapter 15 - Corporate Taxation
1. What are the requirements for a corporation to file a Form 1120A rather than a Form
A corporation may file a Form 1120A if it meets all of the following:
Chapter 11 - Retirement and Other Tax-Deferred Plans and Annuities
RETIREMENT AND OTHER TAX-DEFERRED
PLANS AND ANNUITIES
1. What is the purpose of a retirement plan? Why does the government provide tax
benefits to retiremen
Chapter 12 - Special Property Transactions
SPECIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS
1. Can the exchange of personal use property qualify as a like-kind exchange? Why?
If a taxpayer trades a personal use asset for another asset
Chapter 14 - Partnership Taxation
1. Discuss the formation of a partnership. Is any gain or loss recognized? Explain?
Usually, no gain or loss is recognized on the formation of a partnership. A