Chapter 9 & 10 Questions
1. A User Interface is the mechanism through which users interact with a computing device. True
2. The Operating System provides a common set of commands for writing programs but seldomly
controls a computers hardware.
Fear inhibits a person's thinking. Fear inhibits a person's self worth and in the end, fear can
cripple a person emotionally and physically. We fear what we do not understand. (most times, we
cannot pinpoint that what we feel is a
1. Open Source vs. Proprietary Software
Open source software is a software in which the software is available to the public in which the
public works together to improve the software itself. It is unl
MIS 276 001 - Project 2
1. Write a one page research paper on each of the following terms
2. Use a spreadsheet to calculate the cost comparison for the purchase of 50
copies of the following three office suites: Microsof
MIS 276 001 Spring 20112
Project 1 5% of course grade
1. Students will be placed in 3 member groups.
2. In this project you will include information about W. Edwards Deming and his
famous 14 points for total quality management. Each person in t
Units Sold Total
Discount Total Saving Tax Total Tax
23 $ 170.89
8.54 7% $ 11.96
11 $ 146.74
17 $ 296.31
Units Sold Total
Travis Hinshaw, Candace Cutler, and Kiandra Jordan-Jefferson
1. Create constancy of purpose towards improvement.
a. Always have a goal in place to further better yourself because when you settle,
you fall behind
2. Adopt the new philosophy.
a. If you sett
CHAPTER 1 & 2
TRUE or FALSE QUESTIONS
1. The author of our text is John Gallaugher
2. By 2009, China Mobile was more valuable than any firm in the United States except for Exxon
Mobile and Wal-Mart.
3. India has ridden technology top become a global IT po
Dr. Demings 5 deadly diseases is a video that I agree with on very many point. I agree most
with deadly disease number 4, the mobility of management. This is a point that I believe with
the most because I have first had experience with this