107.Younger people spend more time on improving the world than in the
108. The personal and work-related challenges that young people face
today are not very different from the challenges their parents and
grandparents faced in the past.
109. Is it
35. In order to succeed, people should be more like others than be different with
36. Students who keep their rooms neat and organized are more successful than those
who do not.
37. People who go out to live out of their native village or town t
155. It is more important for the government to spend money on art
museums and concert halls than on recreational facilities such as
swimming pools and playgrounds.
(Government should give more money in support of arts than that of
1. The world has become a highly_competitive and fierce / _crude /
ruthless / relentless _place_ where _academic_degrees_or
_/ _make people_head to success/ lead to success /
_enhance the pro
2. Ways of environmental protection
Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to
improve public health.
The environmental issue is too complex to be solved by the individuals.
The best way to reduce air pollution
92. An effective leader should try to make others feel that they are part of
the decision making process.
93. Your job has more effect on your happiness than your social life does.
94. Your job has more effect on your happiness than your living
77. Spending time alone is the best way to relieve stress.
82. People should take time to relax with hobbies or physical
activities that are very different from what they do at work.
78. It is more fun to see a movie in the cinema with other people
V. Run-on sentences
Only plants (able to tolerate low levels of
this mineral) can survive.
People susceptible to diseases do not
We cannot expect high efficiency /
2. key words
Eg. In order to succeed in doing a new job, the ability to adapt oneself to the new environment is
more important than the excellent knowledge of this job.
1 1 2 160
Under the fierce competition
The Use of Grammar
The Usage of Grammar
3. prep.+ which / whom
that, which, who, whom, whose, as
where, when, why prep + n
He has a friend whose
1. advertising junk food / health
_Not only does_ TV watching _keep / maintain /
make people sedentary / bring sedentary lifestyle _ or
encourage youngsters / adolescents / juveniles /teenagers
to_be physically inactive _, but it also_exposes
1. better education
_The past few centuries / decades_witnessed _the
growing access to education, especially / particularly / in
particular / intentionally to _nonwhite students / minorities
_, which _narrows rather / other than / though not
FOOD or BEVERAGE Item
Total lipid (fat)
Carbs, by dif
Fiber, total dietary
Xxx has been attached great importance to, and even sparks off a heated debate
concerning_. XXX, in many peoples opinion, xxx, owing to xxx. Contrary to these peoples
views is my perspective that xxx, due to xxx.
What must be prioritized is that xxx, (com
1. Food Pesticides / Fertilizer
In the past, _hardly would people concern / identify issues/ risks
regarding / concerning / related to / associated with food _few _
people _ _foods. However, recently,
increased attention has been _put / focu
1. mobile phone communication / applications
Technology has_accelerate / speed up + communication / amplified the rate
_ at which we communicate with the world around us. _Media
/ Innovations / Advanced developments _ including email, _instant
1. Why people attend college?
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new
experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people
/ / / / / / /
_is becoming a serious problem. This is because_.
2 Today, in addition to being good at studies, a student is also
encouraged to cultivate interests in many other things, such as
sports, painting, and music.
Today, in additio
1. With my own ears I clearly heard the heart beat of the nuclear bomb.
2. Next year the bearded bear will bear a dear baby in the rear.
3. Early I searched through the earth for earthenware so as to research in earthquake.
4. I learn that learned
R37-01 HABITATS AND CHIPMUNK SPECIES
There are eight chipmunk species in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, and most
of them look pretty much alike. But eight different species of chipmunks scurrying
around a picnic area will not be found. Nowhere in the S
The Information System
Chapter One Outline
Introduction to Computers
o Input Devices
o Storage Devices
o Information Processing
Advantages of Computer Processing
Technology and Information