1. When the DNS resolves a machine name, it might return more than address
because that machine might have more than one IP address, multiple network
cards, or use several different protocols.
2. Shutdown() can be used to block communication is
1. Clear memory, turn off interrupts, set values of timer, and switch from user to
monitor mode should be privileged.
2. Yes it is possible to construct a secure operating system for systems without
hardware supporting privileged mode. This can
A) 2K *12 blocks =24KB of data for direct pointers to data blocks
B) 1024*2000=2.048 MB per single indirect pointer. 24576+2048000=2072576
bytes of data for this inode
C) 1024*1024*2000=2097152000 bytes per double indirect pointer.
1. (a) In a first come first serve scheduling algorithm, processes are executed in the
order that they arrive at the processor. This is fine as long as the processes are short. If
a long process arrives, the system will essentially stop as the