HW week 3
3. It will overwrite any data that is located in the done file
4. By using the whereis command
13. echo cat will return cat onto the screen. cat echo will display all the data in the file called
Homework Wk. 7
#1 SCP is secure copy and FTP if file transfer protocol. Both do file transfers but SCP is
secure & encrypted while FTP is plain text.
#3 In client server model the server runs services required and t
HW week 4
1. It takes control of the keyboard/window and runs the program. If you do not want to wait you
can issue the command to run in the background.
3. When you run a process, that process is giving a unique number. Pro
1. Gnome and KDE
2. Gnome Components;
Panel Panels show up as bars on your desktop. You can place objects on the panels.
Menu Resides at the top of the File Browser. It controls what information is show in
Shane Nunn Homework
1. No one would have to pay for permission to use GNU.
3. Linux is the kernel that sits on top of GNU. At the time both were developed both were
missing their counterpart. GNU needed a kernel and Linux needed syst