Week 7 Lab
1. List all last names, phone number, and zip of the customers.
2. List only those form zip code 98002.
3. List all the customers that have no first address entered in the database.
4. List all the product that are price
Unit 8 Lab
1. CREATE LOGIN PatientLogin WITH PASSWORD='[email protected]',
Msg 229, Level 14, State 5, Line 1
The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'PatientGroups', database
Wild Wood Apartments
Statement of Work
Wild Wood Apartments owns 20 different apartment complexes in Washington,
Oregon, California, and Idaho. Each apartment complex contains anywhere from 10 to
60 separate apartments of varying sizes. All apartm
1. He needs to restore the last full backup that he performed on Sunday night than
restore each incremental backup for three days since last full backup.
2. Restoring to a point in time can restore or reco
Suggested Project Work
Name my entities
Select the columns property and key in the first attribute name
Type in other attributes
Determine their relationships
Link the entities
Week 5: Suggested Project Work
Wildwood Apartments decided that they would go with a SQL server because by my explanation and
knowledge, SQL would help simplify managing the way information is handled with the manager and it
Week 5: Suggested Project Work
My Scenario 5 step write up
1. Name my entities
2. Select the columns property and keys in the first attribute name, click on the box to make it the
3. Type in other attributes
Week 5 Lab
select Name, title
join Checkout on Member.MemberID = Checkout.MemberID
join Book on Book.BookID = Checkout.BookdID
Microsoft SQL Server
Its a relational database management system
Supports windows operation systems both clients and servers
SQL server 2008R2
2012 and 2014 have max. cap. 524PB (Petabyte) in the Enterprise, BI
Week 3: Homework
nchar(20): because most product codes arent usually more than 20 characters and can be
Numeric(18,0): because it will always be a number
Seasonal: To showcase seasonal items
Week 2: Lab
Exercise 1: Isolated Table
2. a. Customer ID (PK, int, not null)
b. Person ID, Store ID, Territory ID
Exercise 2: Understanding a child table
2. a. Sales Order ID
b. Customer ID, Sales Person ID, Territory ID, Bill
PT: Database Concepts
Wild Woods Apartments
Total of revenue
Total maintenance and repairs
Total amount of insurance
Current Situation and Statement of Work:
1. 67 Rows Returned ,
SELECT COUNT (BusinessEntityID) as Employee,JobTitle
FROM HumanResources .Employee
GROUP BY Jobtitle
GROUP BY JobTitle
SELECT (FirstName +' '+LastName)AS Employee, JobTitle, VactionHours,
September 25, 2012
Lab 2.1 (Group A)
Step: 2 Questions:
What is a group?
What is an agreement?
Why we dont specify or list the Cancer Name?
What type of medication given to patients for cancer?
How long will the patients take the medication
Week 8 Lab
Test1: I didnt see Pizza database, but I was able to do Select statement query
for both Customer and Employee tables for Test1.
Temp: Same as last login but this this time I was only a
1. A set of policies and procedures designed to mitigate the damage of a disaster.
2. At least six characters (the more the stronger the password) combination of letters upper and
lowercase, numbers and symbols (if
Unit 8 Quiz
1. Authorization is the process of assigning permissions to users.
2. Authentication is the process of assigning permissions to users.
3. In SQL Server, a login provides database level permissions.
4. In SQL Server, the user is mapped t
1. SQL is the programming language used to manipulate data and data objects in a relational database
2. SQL is a procedural language.F
3. A declarative language is a language in which you tell the computer what to do not how.T
Unit 5 Quiz:
1. Normalization is the process of removing anomalies from database design. T
2. Not being able to insert data because other data is required is an example of an insertion anomaly.T
3. An insertion anomaly occurs
UNIT 1 QUIZ
1) At its simplest, a database can be seen as a collection of related data.
2) A delimited file is a file where the length of the file is limited.
3) A delimited file is one in which the data is separated by a character
1. Observing people at work to see how they interact with the data is called work shadowing. T/F
2. An attribute or combination of attributes that could be used as the primary key for an entity is a
candidate key. T/F
3. A key th
Eduardo Ortiz (18841550)
True/False Questions for Unit 3
1. The logical design is independent of any database management system. F
2. The physical design is the logical design adapted to the constraints and features of the database
management system. T
UNIT - 6
1. Choosing a database management system requires a great deal of analysis.T
2. When choosing a database management system, you should consider system compatibility and hardware
3. Only INSERT and UPDATE statements are part of a da
True/False Questions for Unit 2
1) A requirement is something a database needs to do in order to fulfill its purpose.
2) You only need to include the most important stakeholders in the database discussions.
3) Forms are used for g
IP Networking Notes
1.) Which two of the following are Layer 2 protocols commonly used in WANs?
PPP and HDLC
2.) Which of the following describes a collision domain?
Devices connected to an Ethernet hub
3.) Which of the follow
Data Concepts Unit 1
Unit 1 Research Assignment
The History Of SQL
SQL was created in 1970 by Dr. E. F. Codd. There have been three revisions of the
standard and they are SQL99, SQL2003 and SQL2008. The Query was the most recent
Week 9 Research Paper
The two basic types of transactions are the BEGIN and COMMIT transactions. The BEGIN transaction
command is the starting point for connection. The COMMIT transaction command ends a transaction