1. What does the shell ordinarily do while a command is executing? What should
you do if you do not want to wait for a command to finish before running another
The shell scans the command line for proper syntax when
1. Describe the similarities and differences between these utilities:
A. scp and ftp
FTP is a method of downloading files from and uploading files to another system
using TCP/IP over a network. FTP, however is not a secure p
1. What are the characteristics of free software?
Characteristics of free software are free source code, free operating system, and
you are free to study it, redistribute and modify it.
2. List and describe four advantages
Exercises 1 - 4
1. Why would you use HTTP or FTP Bit Torrent for downloading large files?
They group multiple files in a single package and client authorization is not
2. Which command would you give to perform a c
1. What is a Man Page?
A Man Page is online software documentation which serves as content for the Man System
an entity that usually exists in a Unix or Linux Operating system.
2. What is a Terminal Emulator?
A Terminal Emula
1. This service is required to use the runas feature.
2. This command-line tool can be used to move an object from one OU
3. This tool is used to move objects from one domain to another.
4. Hackers will use th
_ 1. Tis feature of Group Policy software installation will automatically reinstall
critical application files if they are accidentally or maliciously deleted.
_ 2. Group Policy software installations depend
Fill in the Blank:
1. In the case where multiple PSOs are configured for a particular user, Active
Directory will determine which one to apply using the PSOs _.
2. You can automatically add a technical
Fill in the Blank
1. The time that it takes for a change to be replicated to all domain controllers in
an environment is called convergence.
2. The default cost of any new site link is 100.
3. Intersite replication uses compressed tr
9. Create a cron file that will regularly perform the following backups.
a. Performs a level 0 backup once a month.
b. Performs a level 2 dump one day a week.
c. Performs a level five dump every day that neither a level 0 no
3. What happens when you give the following commands if the file named done
$ cp to_do done
$ mv to_do done
If the file done already exists then the command $ cp to_do done would copy
to_do to the done file
In Class Assignment
Mr. Thompson Class
Users/Errors: Training and Least Needed Permissions
Client Info: Offsite Backups, Limit Personnel with Access, Encryption, Two Party Integrity
Financial Info: Offsite Backups, Limit Personnel with Access, Encryption,
Cash T Phillips
Lab Assessment Questions
Answer the following questions pertinent to GLBA and HIPAA privacy and security
1. Which US government agency acts as the legal enforcement entity for businesses
and organizations involved in comme
Mr. Thompson Notes
Cyber Security Issues in a Legal Context
Assignments/labs on time = +5pts extra credit per assignment
Chain of custody is the biggest issue for any case in a Cyber threat or crime.
Information Security Triad(AIC
Cash T Phillips
Lab #1 Assessment Worksheet
Part B Asset Identification & Asset Classification
One of the most important first steps to protecting privacy data is to identify
the IT assets that contain and/or access privacy data. In addit
23 Nov 15
Available, Integrity, and Confidentiality are the main goal of what?
Cyber Security and Information System Protection
2. Separation of Duties is the rule that requires that two or more employees must split critical t
Security Issues in Legal Context
Learning Objectives: Recognize the legal aspects of the information security triad:
Availability, Integrity, Confidentiality AIC Triad
Schoology Code: SRQN4-T4PCR
SQL Port: TCP 1433
Basic information s
1. This RSoP mode allows administrators to simulate the effect of policy settings
prior to implementing them on a computer or user.
2. This command-line utility allows you to create and display an RSoP query from
Fill in the blank
1. A Global group can only contain members from within the same Domain.
2. You can use the CSVDE utility to import data from Comma-Separated values
3. Each user and group object has a SAM account name w
1. You can install Active Directory from the Windows command line using the DC promo
2. The user replication policy will configure which user account will or will not have their
password information cached on an RODC
Disaster recovery Plan for Real World IT Solutions
Failure or Risk
Single Disk Failure
Risk Assessment Table
does not use
could result in
Objective of Risk Management Plan
This plan will document the processes, tools and procedures that are necessary to manage and control
any of the events that could have a negative impact on the Real World IT S
Table of Contents
C. Plan of Action and Milestone
Section 2: Risk Assessment
Assets and Activities to be Protected
Sources Cited List
Risk Management Plan, www.phe.gov
Managing Risk in Information Systems, Darril Gibson, pg. 22 and pgs. 36-37
Managing Risk in Information Systems, Darril Gibson, pgs. 188 and 189
Managing Risk in Information Systems, Darril Gibson, pgs.
Real World IT Solutions Compliancy
Due to the fact that this company will provide health insurance for
employees we must become compliant and maintain compliancy with the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The Purpose o
Business Continuity Plan for Real World IT Solutions
1). Scope of BCP:
A. This Business Continuity Plan will identify the optimal uptimes and what Real
World IT Solutions will consider as an acceptable amount of downtime.
B. The purpose of this Business C