1. What is the difference between the scp and sftp utilities?
SCP is a secure file copy utility and SFTP is a secure file transfer protocol even though it
does not have anything to do with the FTP we are used to in windows.
2. How can you use s
2. Which command would you give to update all installed packages using yum?
Yum update but if you are using older versions the yum update might not work you
would need to use the yum up2date command.
3. Why would you build a package f
1. Which commands can you use to determine who is logged in on a specific terminal?
The who utility displays a list of users who are logged in on the local systems.
3. What happens when you give the following commands if the file named done
Bash scripts is a file containing a list of commands to be executed by the bashshell.
Bash history is a list of all commands with date and time.
The Bourne shell is a primary shell in scripts. It is a shell or comman
CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) is a cross-platform print server built around IPP
(Internet Printing Protocol). CUPS provides many printer drivers and can print different types of
files, including PostScript. Because it is built on IPP an w
1. Describe the similarities and differences between these utilities:
a. scp and ftp
scp is encrypted, including username/passwd, and is part of ssh suite, and uses
port 22. It can put a file anywhere you have privilege to.
ftp is plaintext, in
SEND EMAIL CONFGURATION
sendmail-cf (required to configure sendmail). Sendmail is set up to run when the system enters
multiuser mode. With sendmail running, give the command Test. As long as sendmail can
connect to port 25 outbound, you should not need t
I found 7 of them: fedora, fedora-extras, fedora-updates, freshrpms, livna, nrpms, and nrpmsmono. You can add these repositories using rpm.
YUM LINUX HISTORY
Yum history (list, info, summary, repeat, redo, undo, new) commands is added on