Unit 2. Algorithm Review Questions
1. Design an algorithm that prompts the user to enter his or her height
and stores the users input in a variable named height.
1) Display Height
2) Input height
3) Display here is the height that you entered:, height
is a compiled, procedural language developed in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie
for use in the UNIX operating system. Although designed to be portable in nature,
C programs must be specifically compiled for computers with different
architectures and operating sy
1. Why is the CPU the most important component in a computer?
because without the CPU the computer could not run programs
2. What number does a bit turned on represent? A bit turned on represent 1
3. What number does a bit turned off represent? A bit turn
Unit 3 Algorithm Workbench Review Questions pg. 71-72 3-10
3. a.) b = a + 2
b.) a = b * 4
c.) b = a / 3.14
d.) a = b 8
4. a.) set result = x + y = 4+8=12
b.) set result = z * 2 = 2*2=4
c.) set result = y / x = 8 / 4=2
d.) set result = y - z = 8-2=6 5.)
Unit 3 Short Answer Questions pg. 71 5 & 6
5. What two things must you normally specify in a variable declaration?
1. The variables name
2. The variables data type
6. What value is stored in uninitialized variables?
0 is stored in uninitialized variables,
Unit 2 Short Answer Questions pg. 71 1, 2, 3, 4
1. What does a professional programmer usually do first to gain an
understanding of a problem? professional programmers work
directly with the customer
2. What is pseudo code? Fake code, an informal language
1. What similarities do you see between the two programs?
The results are displayed the same
2. What difference do you see between the two programs?
console.app.exe uses keyboard for entering input while guiapp.exe
uses both keyboard and mouse
3. What inp
What is a shell script? a computer program designed to be run by the Unix
shell, a command-line interpreter. The various dialects of shell scripts are
considered to be scripting languages. Typical operations performed by shell
scripts include file manipul