February 22, 2016
The three challenges that I face that might make it difficult for me to continue my education are
as follows. The first one is that I am caring for my elderly mother. She has dementia, s
1. It was inefficient due to you could not multi-task or be able to call someone while
you were on the internet. If someone made a call, your internet session would be
terminated. Data rates only up to 56k if you were lucky.
2. Broadband- Usin
Lab 3.1 Network Reference Models
A. In the late 1970s, two projects began independently, with the same goal: to
define a unifying standard for the architecture of networking systems. These two
international standards bodies each developed a
Unit 2 Lab Assignment
1. To buy each user their own printer it would cost $3600. If you buy a single higher
capacity $500 printer that can be used by the entire office, you could save $3100.
The drawback to having only a single printer is a potentia
IT220 Network Standards &
Chapter 5, Ethernet LANs
Defining Ethernet LANs
Ethernet: Originally developed as LAN technology
Connect end-user devices in one site with devices
relatively close by
Each LAN site connects to WAN via route
Week 4 HW
Internet definition- The global communication network that allows almost all
computers worldwide to connect and exchange information
Internet edge-is the network infrastructure that provides connectivity to the
Internet, and that acts as t
Unit 4 Homework
Internet service provider- is a company that provides individuals and other companies access
to the Internet and other related services such as Web site building and virtual hosting.
Internet core- A global network connecting million
Monday, January 4, 2016
Lisa McKoy ([email protected])
The recurring problem that I am having is a time management, my problem was
procrastination. Procrastination has been my problem ever since high school, I went to West
1. What is a byte? B. A group of 8 bits ( a word)
2. When using a truth table, 1 and 0 equal _. A. False
3. What do parentheses do in mathematical equations? D. Ensure that whatever operation is inside
the parentheses is performed first.
Introduction To Personal Computers
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
1. Decimal number system The most commonly used numbering system. It is based on
the number 10. Known as the base 10 system.
2. Binary- The numbering system base
June 16, 2016
TP 113 Cabling
Master It Questions for Chapter 1
1. What industry standards body and standards series numbers do you need to reference for
either net applications and cabling?
2. What are the different types of
Monday, May 2, 2016
Chapter 7 questions and Lab 7
Introduction to Networking
1. a user on our home telephone picks up her phone and makes a telephone call to her
friend man home telephone in another part of t
April 5, 2016
Network Standards and Protocols
1. You have created a simple electrical circuit with a battery, wires, and a light bulb. Which of the
following is true about this circuit?
a. The batterys positive
March 16, 2016
Network Standards and Protocols
1.Which of the following is true about 1 bit?
a. Can represent decimal values 0 through 9
b. Can be used to represent one character in the lowercase English alphabet
Monday, April 18, 2016
Networking Chapter 6
1. An enterprise campus LAN uses wired UTP Ethernet and wireless 802.11 LANs at the edge of
the LAN. Looking at a particular floor in a particular building, all the devices connect to either a
Unit 6 Lab
1. So NICs on different service providers can communicate with each other.
2. Applicators can be steel reinforced concrete in a building, elevators, high capacity
radio transmitters, and more expensive cables lessen the chan