Running head: THE ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER
Ms. Kathleen Champlin
HU1440: Project Part 1
THE ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER
Music Developments in music since 1950, including: o Rock music o
R&B music o Pop music
Unit 8 Assignment 1
This project was commissioned to construct a 3000-gallon pond-less waterfall adjacent to an
outside dining terrace. The 80-foot waterfall and stream feature can be replenished with
rainwater that runs
Unit 4 Lab 1
Removing a non-load bearing wall
1. Remove furniture from area, cover what area with plastic that you are not able to move.
2. Replace old air filter with a new one. (It would all depend on the climate outside as to if
you will need to
Unit 3 Assignment 1
1. To what extent is it possible for architects and designers to create an indoor environment
that actively contribute to good health? On what factors would this depend?
facilitate quality IEQ through good design, construction,
Unit 5 Assignment 2
1. The Passive House by Karawitz Architecture located in Bessancourt, France and built in
2. The Bamboo system was used for this project and the foundation
Unit 3 Assignment 2
1. The precautionary principle begins with a statement of beliefs, including this one:
We believe there is compelling evidence that damage to humans and the
worldwide environment is of such magnitude and seriousness that new pri
Unit 10 Assignment 1
6. How many synthetic chemicals are used in commerce today?
"It has been estimated that there are approximately 100,000 chemicals in commercial use.
Of these, approximately 40,000 are used in the Great Lakes Basin. Approximatel
Unit 1 Assignment 2
1. Rachel Carson (1907-1964) is regarded by many as the founder of the modern environmental
movement. Her most famous work, however, was 1962's controversial Silent Spring, in which she
described the devastating effect that pest
Unit 2 Assignment 2
2. What steps can you take on a local level to enact green building legislation or guidelines in your
municipality or campus setting?
First and foremost, local problem areas need to be outlined. If you dont see a problem, what i
Unit 6 Assignment 2
1. Is your home or apartment elongated on the east/west axis?
Its elongated on the north/south axis.
2. If not, why not? In other words, why do you think it was not situated in this manner?
The house was built on a road that led
Unit 10 Assignment 2
The main downfall that I have personally seen (in Springfield) is the lack of cleanliness
surrounding the recycling containers. For instance, in one location there were separate containers
for paper materials, cardboard and als
Unit 4 Assignment 1
Map of the beginning construction phase of Dave & Busters Entertainment in
Springfield, Ohio located beside the Walmart Supercenter on Bechtle Ave.
Sources of noise: moderate traffic on SR 68 that is approximately 250 yards away
Unit 9 Assignment 1
1. Using the sustainable sites and water efficiency series of credits of the U.S. Green
Building Council rating system (either LEED 2009 or one of the older rating systems),
assess the environmental performance of two identical
Unit 8 Assignment 2
1. When should developers use the rating system? In other words, what is the reasonable
minimum and maximum size and what is the reasonable maximum size of a typical
neighborhood seeking the certification?
There is no minimum or
Unit 9 Assignment 2
1. Explore one of the LCA tools mentioned in the chapter and give five reasons why the tool
would be useful for green building analysis. List what you believe are the limitations of
I chose the BEES tool for environme
DT1325 QUIZ 3
1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES NATURAL CAPITALISM?
RELATION BETWEEN NATURAL RESOURCES AND GLOBAL
2. WHAT DOES ASHRAE STAND FOR?
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HEATING, REFRIGERATING AND AIRCONDITIONING ENGINEERS.
3. ON A REGIONAL SCALE, TH
DT1325 Sustainability in Design
QUIZ 3 (1.0 HOUR)
Assessment Preparation Checklist:
To prepare for this assessment:
Revisit Chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12 from your textbook, Fundamentals of Integrated Design for
Sustainable Building. These chapte