Lab 6 and 7
1. 4 rows.
2. 2 columns.
3. SELECT * FROM patients.
4. SELECT FirstName,LastName,PhoneNumber FROM patients.
5. SELECT LastName FROM Patients where Doctorkey=123.
6. 2 patients sees Doctor 123.
7. one row.
8. Three co
Unit 2 Lab 2
Lab 2.1 (Group A) Identify business rules, attributes, and candidate keys
o Where is the information stored?
o Are there any additional forms needed?
o Who does the initial first visit?
Unit 3 homework
Zachary W Phillips
Unit 3 True/False Questions
Indicate whether the following statements are true or false on the student answer sheet.
1) The logical design is independent of any database management system. True
2) The physical design is
Lab Task LB2.0
1. There are 7 records and 5 fields per record
2. You would have to split the managers addresses into separate fields for each value. Such as
street, City, State and Zip.
3. I would create more fields for the variables
4. Holly Barker
1. American National Standard Institute (ANSI) was founded in 1918. ANSI is a
voluntary organization composed of over 1,300 members (including all the large
computer companies) that creates standards for the computer industry. For example,
ANSI C is a ver
This paper describes about the Job Management tool Autosys for UNIX. It is an
automated job control system for scheduling, monitoring, and reporting. These jobs can
reside on any AutoSys-configured mach
Some basic Unix commands
Understand the concept of loggin into and out of a Unix
Interact with the system in a basic way through
keyboard and terminal window
Create, copy and delete files, edit files
Understand and use commands like: ls cd
Unix paths begin with a forward slash
The initial forward slash (/)
represents the root directory
Typically, only the system administer
has full privileges to the root directory
An absolute path begins at the root:
1. The Resource database is the physical repository for all system objects and is inaccessible during
normal operation of SQL server.
3. The sys schema contains views that can be utilized by the DBA to retrieve information about the
Homework Task HW8.0
1. The Order by clause can be used to sort the rows of a query.
2. By default, T-SQL sorts in Ascending order.
3. What is the difference between the COUNT and SUM built-in functions?
Count is the number of rows, where as the sum
1. What are the three possible data modification operations?
Insert, Update, and Delete
2. Data can be added to a relation (table) using the SQL INSERT command.
3. If data for some columns are missing, what must be done in the query
The column is required to contain information
There cannot be duplicate values in the column
On Update and On Delete Clauses
The Default mode is Windows Authentication mode.
Homework Assignment HW2.0
1. Questions that can help identify an entity are:
Is there more than one?
Is there variation over time?
2. Cardinality is used to describe the number of records in the relationship.
3. Associative tables associate tables