PKI Element (yes/no)
It is a document containing information
such as identity and a public key.
Internet protocol security (IPsec)
It is a computer that stores di
Unit 3 A1
1. Which Windows encryption feature would best provide encryption for all the floor
managers local files while leaving other users files unencrypted?
2. Which Windows encryption feature would ensure this on
Unit 3 Assignment 2 Communication Policy Procedure Guide
Use Case Scenarios
Unit 10 A1
1. What action initiates a program change or a new program?
a. Changing of hardware or upgrading a video card.
2. Who approves new or changed programs?
a. Management, software administrators, developers, and software tester
IS3340 Windows Security
ASSESSMENTS: FINAL EXAMINATION
FINAL EXAM: QUESTIONS
1. Which core part of an operating system provides essential services?
2. Which among the following is the process of proving that prov
Unit 5 Assignment 2
From the MBSA scan menu, users have the option to select some or all of the following, which
are all checked by default:
Windows administrative vulnerabilities: the MBSA checks for Windows account-relate
Unit 9 Assignment 1
1. Main concern with security policy and collecting evidence is that you do not disclose any
information on what evidence is found. Also to make sure that you are in compliance
Unit 8 Assignment 2
1) Simple and explicit communication between components. Clean separation between
functionality and security with explicit interfaces between components reduces the number of
Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Attacks
Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to answer the following questions:
What are the basics concepts of network security?
What are security attacks?
Unit 6 Assignment 1
Everyone who uses a computer to save or store files will at some time or another experience
that heart stopping moment when they realize their files are lost.
Don't let those files be lost forever. It's pl
Unit 6 Assignment 1
How do you know if youre computer network is fully protected? What type of overall
backup strategy does your company employ? Do you still use tape backup and then have those
tapes taken off-site on a daily
Unit 4 Assignment 2
1. What does malware free mean?
Answer: By using anti-malware software products and to shield system from malware
such as virus and worms.
2. How can a user demonstrate that their computer or device is ma
Unit 2 Assignment 2
Recommendation for Access Controls
Access Control Policy and Procedures
Control: The organization develops, disseminates and periodically reviews and updates:
a formal, documented, access control policy that addre
Unit 2 Assignment 1
A key component of authorization is the least privilege principle, which states that all
users should have the least possible amount of systems access that still allows them to perform
their job functions. Thus, if
Unit 1 Assignment 2
Benefits Of Active Directory Environment
Although there is a bit of a learning curve associated with implementing an Active
Directory environment, the benefits of doing so far outweigh the negatives.
A better repre
Unit 1 Assignment 1
1. Currently system administrators create Ken 7 user in each computer where users
need access. In Active Directory, where will system administrators create Ken 7
Answer: Open Active Directory Users and Compu
Lab 10 Questions
1. Why is important to run MBSA on Windows servers and workstations?
Answer: to get a baseline of the performance of that machine when running normally.
2. What does MBSA perform on a Windows server or workst
Lab 9 Questions
1. What services were attached on the IIS server?
Answer: FTP & ARP
2. How many failed logins were detected?
3. Between what time and what time did the attacks occur?
Answer: 8:08:58 till 9:09:36
Lab 8 Questions
1. What are the steps you took to harden IIS on the Windows Server? Explain why these steps
Answer: Install required roles necessary along with the IIS during the installation process.
Application Security Best
Practices At Microsoft
Ensuring the lowest possible
exposure and vulnerability to
Published: January 2003
Faced with the daunting task of inventorying, cataloging, assessing , and
Lab 7 Questions
1. How should you apply the settings the first time working with Security Configuration
Answer: Start, Admin tools, Security Configuration Wizard, then check all areas in Server
Roles, Client Features