Cost of Health Care Services
Chapter Review Questions:
1. What is the chief driver for the increase in health care costs during the last 10
One major driver is the third-party payer health insurance system. Health insurance
Vignette: Anna lives with her boyfriend of nine months.
1. What should Mary do?
There are some professional and moral obligations of clinicians in this position. States require
that health care professionals report such incidents.
2. Does Mary have a mora
Your Opinion Matters
Should the Health Care System Be Responsible for Treating Social Problems?
1. What role should the health care system play in addressing social issues?
YOM addresses the medicalization of social issues and the role the health care
Health Information Management Professionals
faster than average
Medical Association of Billers
certified medical assistant, registered medical assistant
HIT-100- U.S. Healthcare Delivery System
Vignette: Elizabeth is a 35-year-old Caucasian woman.
1. Does this situation represent a health disparity?
It is known that the same clinicians, perhaps based on preconceived
biases that co
FUNCTIONS OF OPERATING SYSTEM
Topic 1. Functions of Operating System
By the end of this topic, you should be able to:
1. Explain the two main functions of Operating
2. List four types of Operating Systems; and
PATIENTS SOC. SEC. NO.
NAME OF COMPANY
ADDRESS OF EMPLOYER
SPOUSE OR PARENT
You are a health information management student who has been asked to summarize and explain
the concept of database management to your class. Your presentation should be 12 to 15
sentences in length and must inclu
1. MBO: _
2. PERT: _
3. ADA: _
4. OSHA: _
5. TQM: _
6. PM: _
7. KMS: _
8. SWOT: _
Key Terms Review
Match the terms in Column I to their definitions in Column II.
1. _ Knowledge
2. _ S
1. What planning elements are identified with the terms why , what, and how ?
Strategic planning focuses on the why element of planning, providing those
individuals and groups internal and externa
1. How do TRICARE and CHAMPVA differ from each other?
TRICARE offers financing and the provision of care for 1) active-duty members of the
armed services and 2) retired members of the military
Chapter 11- Information Systems and Technology
1. Why is it necessary for the health information professional to possess a basic
understanding of information technology?
The interrelationship and the need to ensure proper use of he
1. How does the federal governments use of incentive payments affect the adoption of
electronic health records?
The federal government seeks to speed the adoption of EHR by creating positive
incentives and ne