CHAPTER REVIEW QUESTIONS SUGGESTED ANSWERS
1. What is a charter?
Informal contract between sponsor and project team (core team and project manager).
2. List at least three important purposes of a charter?
Authorize the proj
Organizational Capability: Structure, Culture, and Roles
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS SUGGESTED ANSWERS
1. Is it important to choose a member from every impacted function of a project for the
core team? What is the impact of your decision?
No. Ideally t
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Project Management
1. A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result.
OBJ: Define a project
2. A project is a lasting endeavor undertaken to maint
Chapter 5 - Stakeholder Analysis and Communication Planning
1. A project management plan is a formal document that defines how the project will be initiated and
OBJ: PM plan components
2. Communications pla
Chapter 8 - Resourcing Projects (Key notes)
MULTIPLE CHOICE Questions (MCQs)
1. When estimating resource needs, project teams should consider:
a. supporting needs like information systems.
b. the time required to communicate between activities.
Chapter 10 - Project Risk Planning
1. It is impossible to remove all sources of risk on a project.
2. A risk is anything that may impact the project teams ability to achieve the general project success
measures and the specific project s
Chapter 9 - Budgeting Projects (Key notes)
1. The document that establishes the activities and criteria for planning, structuring and controlling the
project costs is the project financial plan.
2. The cost management plan establishes th
Chapter 11 - Project Quality Planning and Project Kick-off
1. W. Edwards Deming asserted that managers need to understand both serial variation and sequential
variation and then work to reduce both.
Chapter 6 - Defining Scope and Constructing Work Breakdown Structures
1. Scope planning is the process of creating a project scope statement.
OBJ: Scope planning
2. The project scope refers to the features and
Chapter 2 - Project Selection and Prioritization
1. Strategic analysis is an important first step in setting strategic direction.
OBJ: Describe strategic planning process
2. Strategic analysis is often called SWOT -
Chapter 3 - Organizational Capability: Structure, Culture, and Roles
1. The project sponsor is the person or group that provides financial resources, in cash or in kind, for the
2. The project treas
Chapter 7 - Scheduling Projects
1. In order for activities to be useful as schedule building blocks, they should have tangible output that
can be verified.
2. There is often terrific pressure to complete a project
The preferences for each person:
C wins in every pair wise vote.
3. a. Neither issue would pass with majority voting. This is not efficient because
issue X has a positive total net benefit and should be funded.
With logrolling, A will
a. The supply of land is fixed, or perfectly inelastic, so there is no excess burden
because the lower price that sellers receive does not cause quantity supplied to
The use of cell phones is probably fairly price-elasti
1. Assuming that all other commodities were untaxed, then optimal tax policy suggests the
commodities should be taxed according to the inverse elasticity rule, which implies that:
(tBASIC/tSATELLITE) = (SATELLITE/BASIC) = (7.40/0.51) =14.5
3. To maintain the 1990 ratio of benefit to wages, the benefit should be adjusted based on
inflation each year. Thus, individuals should pay higher payroll taxes since benefit and payrol
taxes grow together over time. If the tax rate were kept
1. No, since utilitarinism does not care whether the rich are vulgar. Utilitarianism
suggests that social welfare is a function of individuals utilities. On the other
hand, Steins assertion that inequality per se is unimportant is consistent wi
It is not really cost-effective since it needs complex procedures and the changes in
company manufactures will cost a lot of money. US has done many efforts in order to
increase health and safety by compiling many health and safety regulation
1. a) It is not a bad thing, since the larger the governments spending in health care,
the more developed the economic and social progress of the country.
b) The government can implement government-provided and the adverse selection
The tax raises the costs of producing the final good, which will decrease supply, that
leads to the increase the price of that final good. If the cost of purchasing and using
abatement equipment is less than the cost of buying a permit, the b
2010-2011 spring semester
Chapter 1 - Introduction
a. McCains statement is consistent with an organic conception of
government. Individuals and their goals are less important than the
b. Locke makes a clear statement of the mechan
a. The public good is patrol; the private good is fruit.
b. Efficiency requires MRSTARZAN + MRSJANE = MRT.
MRSTARZAN = MRSJANE = 2. MRT = 3. Therefore, MRSTARZAN + MRSJANE MRT.
To achieve an efficient allocation, Cheetah should patrol more.
The utilities of Augustus is equivalent to Livias.
Augusts utilities are twice as much as Livias.
There are no corresponding between market failure and burglar alarm calls. If there
are any false alarm calls, the police could set a
1. a. organic (individual matter is less important than the state)
b. mechanistic (it emphasizes that the rights of individual is important)
c. organic (it doesnt signify the importance of individual in a society)
2. a. Libertarians will prohibi
This points out the problem of causality: two things may be correlated, but it
can be difficult to determine which causes the other. In the experimental study, the
group who enjoy running would not be correlated with good health or a strong h
Novi Andriani_IET 2012_2012059093
Traditional Chinese Culture
Visiting report: A Memorable Visit to Foshan
On November 26, I visited Foshan with the forty other classmates. Gathering at
1pm in front of the gymnasium, we reach
j t (specific)
b jn (not only)
fng t rn qng (custom) d t (unique)
y lin chun (series of)
ko l (consider)
j ji (season)
zhng sh shuhu (precisely harvesting)
shng chn (rich in)