1. What are the types of specialized patient records covered in this chapter and
their distinguishing characteristics?
Specialized patient records include treatment for substance abuse or mental illness or in
non-acute-care settings, such as the patient's
Our federal government is as a tree with three branches: the judicial branch, the
legislative branch, and the executive branch. Each branch is connected to the other and together
three branches make up the United States federal government. Separ
REVIEW QUESTIONS CH. 9/ p. 196
1. Compare and contrast confidentiality and privacy.
Both deal with patient-specific health information.
Privacy refers to the right to control information or the right to be left alone. In the health care
context, it refers
This is the court's approval of the settlement in the Fen-Phen class action products
liability case. Fen-phen is a combination diet drug therapy that was widely prescribed before the
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determined it was potentially deadly.
REVIEW QUESTIONS CH. 8/ p. 176
1. Compare and contrast the clinical uses of a health record with the secondary
purposes of a health record.
Health records are used for a variety of clinical purposes, including serving as the chronological
record of a pati
1. How do the principles of liability influence the health information professionals role in
protecting health information?
By understanding these principles, the health information manager is better able to prevent
improper disclosure of health informati
REVIEW QUESTION CH. 3/ p. 64
1. What are the legal uses of the health record?
They form the backbone of every professional liability action and are used to establish whether the
standard of care was met. They are also used in civil actions, such as creden
Due date: 09/01/16
REVIEW CHAPTER 1 (page 21)
1. Why should a health information professional possess a fundamental understanding of
Because the law is a major external force affecting the HIM professional's abi
I agree that patient can access and amendment to health records. There can be many
reasons why patients may ask to have their health records amended. In all of the cases
referred to the healthcare service, the patient apparently believed that the disputed
REVIEW QUESTIONS CH. 2 (page 48)
1. Why should a health information manager need to understand the court system and legal
Because understanding the court system and legal procedures employed to process
cases through the systems will assist the