1.Minor criminal cases and civil disputes are originally decided in the
2.In rem jurisdiction is based only on the fact that the property of the
defendant is located within the state.
3.For federal district court di
1. The practice of judges following the decisions of other judges in
similar cases is formalized in the doctrine of stare decisis.
2. Restatements contain statutory laws, but not common law rules.
3. An important equitable remedy is an inj
1. In the hierarchy of laws, _ defeats all inconsistent
laws, of any type.
the U.S. Constitution
2. The practice of precedent became formalized in the doctrine of
stare decisis, which means _.
let the decision stand
3. Civil remedies between priv
1.One way in which state trial courts differ from courts of
limited jurisdiction is that _
only courts of limited jurisdiction keep detailed records of hearings,
trials, and other proceedings.
decisions in courts of limited jurisdiction are always made by
In regard to studying the first two chapters' material specifically, focus on the issues raised in the
written assignments (practice test and short answer homework) associated with these chapters.
Study the written notes I have provided in doc-sharing as