Virtual Middle Childhood
1. Is your virtual child likely to have any health problems during middle childhood? If your
child does not have any health problems, to what do you attribute this? How has your
culture influenced you
Based on lecture and pg. 4 of the text, give a detailed description of the field of
child development. (You should be able to list at least 5 separate aspects).
Child development is an area of study devoted
GameteA reproductive cell is called a gamete.
Zygote Every person begins life as a singlecell, called azygote the zygote is the combination of two gametes, one sperm and one ovum.
Deoxyribonucleic acid Each cell manufactures certaEach cell manufactures ce
Height/weight growth patterns average 7 lbs & 20,
doubles by 4 months, triples by 1 years
Percentile A point on a ranking scale of 0 to 100. 50th
percentile is the midpoint; half the people in the population
being studied rank higher and half rank lower.
AP Psychology Test 3.8.3
1. Operant Conditioning was created by B.F. Skinner who thought that the best way to
understand ones behavior was to look at the causes of the actions and the consequences.
Basically, it is a process in wh
AP Psychology Identifying Perspectives in Psychology (1.1.8)
Case Study #1:
The neurobiological perspective of this case could be that the death of
her father and the departure of her child triggered emotions into
AP Psychology 3.3.6
1. The encoding of a picture images.
2. This works by images you see create a mental image in your brain.
3. An example could be a mnemonic device.
1. The en
AP Psychology 4.1.3
Autonomy Sensorimoto Preoperational
r Stage Stage - Piaget
BIOL 115 Introduction to Biology
Homework #2 Worksheet
Good Science/Bad Science: Investigating Claims on the Internet
Name: Randolph Valdez
1. List at least three examples of inaccurate or misleading stories or advertisements
that you were able
Baby Day Reflection Paper - TEMPLATE
1. gross- motor skills:
physical abilities involving large body movement, such as walking
and jumping. The word gross motor means here big ,infant first
control their heads ,lifting them up to look around. Then they
Virtual Adolescent Paper
1. Describe any physical or behavioral signs of puberty. What are you must worried about at
this stage of development? Will you discuss issues related to reproductive health with
your child? Will you
Virtual Infant Toddler Paper
1. Earlier you had to make decisions about breast feeding or transitioning to the use of a
bottle with formula or breast milk. What decisions did you make and do you think your
decision impacted y
Upon seeing her newborn baby for the first time, Caroline exclaimed, "Why is she so out of
proportion?" What observations prompted Caroline to ask this question?" Explain why her
baby's appearance is
Virtual Early Childhood
1. What activities and experiences have you and your child engaged in that might be
promoting healthy behavioral practices and an interest in physical activity?
(8 points for each of two activities or
Review Questions for Chapter 2
1. What is the difference between genotype and phenotype?
Phenotypes are directly observable characteristics and a genotype is the complex blend of genetic
information that determ