HUDSON COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ALLIED HEALTH DIVISION
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II SYLLABUS
Course: BIO 211-01: Anatomy and Physiology II
Instructor: Dr. V. B. Joasil
Office: 119 Newkirk Street I 003
Phone: 201 360 4286
Email: [email protected]
A. Endocrinology is the scientific study of hormones and the endocrine organs
1. Hormones are chemical messengers that are released to the blood and elicit target cell
effects after a period of a few seconds to several days.
2. Hormone ta
See what you can do
1) The neurohormone pathway that regulates the release of milk by a nursing mother is an example
of - feedback.
2) The hypothalamus triggers the release of the neurohormone - from the
posterior pituitary gland to contract the uterus.
I. Overview: Blood Composition and Functions
1. Blood is a specialized connective tissue consisting of living cells, called formed
elements, suspended in a nonliving fluid matrix, blood plasma.
2. Blood that has been centrifuged separa