HUDSON COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ALLIED HEALTH DIVISION
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II SYLLABUS
Course: BIO 211-01: Anatomy and Physiology II
Instructor: Dr. V. B. Joasil
Office: 119 Newkirk Street I 003
Phone: 201 360 4286
A. Endocrinology is the scientific study of hormones and the endocrine organs
1. Hormones are chemical messengers that are released to the blood and elicit target cell
effects after a period of a few seconds to several days.
2. Hormone ta
See what you can do
1) The neurohormone pathway that regulates the release of milk by a nursing mother is an example
of - feedback.
2) The hypothalamus triggers the release of the neurohormone - from the
posterior pituitary gland to contract the uterus.
I. Overview: Blood Composition and Functions
1. Blood is a specialized connective tissue consisting of living cells, called formed
elements, suspended in a nonliving fluid matrix, blood plasma.
2. Blood that has been centrifuged separa