Aug 31, 2016
1.What is a construction cost estimate?
Construction cost estimate is a highly complicated procedure containing numerous variable
components. This ability is not adequately gained. Th
3. List the five price categories that need to be considered when pricing a construction estimate.
were the five price categories that need to be considered when pricing a constructi
CONS 6430 ASSIGNMENT-3
1. Why is it important for the estimator to carefully examine the site of the work before the
estimate is prepared?
A. It is important to examine the site of work before estimate is prepared because site
conditions will impact on p
9. Calculate the cost per cubic yard to place concrete using each of the alternatives described.
The work in both cases consists of placing 140 cubic yards of concrete in footings.
a. Using a crane and buc
ADVANCED ESTIMATION AND COSTING
3. Describe how different materials excavated and different moisture content of these
materials affect the price of excavation work.
A. Materials required in the excavation and backfill operations mostly comprise gravels a
5. List and describe the major factors a contractor will consider when deciding whether to
submit a bid on a project?
The probability of getting the project. When evaluating bidding opportunity, a contractor
assesses the chances to obtain the contract bas
Home Assignment 4
Chapter - 6
1. For each of the following work items, indicate whether it is included or excluded
from the masonry scope of work (consult Chapter 13):a. Cavity wall insulationb.
Brick anchors c. Anchor slotd. Hoarding and heating a tempor
1. What should an estimator do when a bid is received from a subcontractor with a very low
price, suggesting that the sub trade has made an estimating error?
A. It is not uncommon to receive an errant bid from a sub trade contractor. Mistake