2. Use I/O redirection to append more data to an existing file called myfile.txt.
Linux command to view the contents of a file:
$ cat file_name
$ cat myfile.txt
The cat (short for concatenate) command is one of the most frequently
used command in Linux/Un
1. List all the files in home directory and store them in a folder called hd files. Use I/O
redirection ,find name of all files in hd folder starting with the letter a.
Linux command to lists all the contents of a directory
abc.lst axx.txt o
A transaction goes into an active state immediately after it starts execution, where it can execute its READ and WRITE
operations. When the transaction ends, it moves to the partially committed state. At this poi
Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Databases
In a homogeneous distributed database system, all sites have identical database management system
software, are aware of one another, and agree to cooperate in processing users requests. That s
8. Write a shell script for printing the multiplication table of a give number using while.
#script : multiplication table
#written by: Dilwar
echo " "
echo "~Simple Shell Script to Print Multiplication Table~ "
echo " Enter any Number"
echo " "
7. Write a shell script for printing a pattern of Chessboard.
#script : ChessBoard
#written by : Dilwar
echo Chess Board
if [ $S -eq 0 ]
echo -e -n "\033[47m "
echo -e -n "\033[40m "
4. Write a Linux command for finding the three lines just before the last 10 lines in a file of 20 lines.
12.Use join utility for joining two files with at least one file as common
The basic usage of join command is to join two files on the first field. By default the join command
matches the files on the first fields when do not specify the field numbers exp
3. Create a file student with the cat command and insert 12 name of students in the file.
Sort the name of student alphabetically and store in a new file sorted _student and print in
Linux command create a file using cat command :
Need for Parallel Databases:-
1. The transaction requirements of organizations have grown with increasing use of
2. Data requirements for decision-support queries, may run into terabytes. Singleprocessor systems are not capab