SI: Mandy Smith
20. Because of their ampiphillic nature, phospholipids will arrange themselves into a
sphere- just like a cell- with a double membrane. The hydrophilic heads will face
to the outside water as well as the internal w
ANSWERS: Exam 1 Review 3
10. Book page 43 Figure 2-18
17. To speed up a reaction, you could: involve an enzyme- enzymes are catalysts,
ANSWERS Exam 2 Review 4:
Correction: The nucleus of a cell contains DNA- the code for all proteins.
Explanation: b, c, and d are all true. a is wrong because the nucleus is the largest
Correction: In comparison, RNA is much short
Answers: Review 2
1. Proteins, amino acids
2. page 40 of book
4. F; To make this sentence true, you could write: Polar R groups are hydrophilic. Or
you could write: Nonpolar R groups are hydrophobic.
5. water loving, water fearing,
Wills Pre-Test for Exam IV
1) The brain and spinal cord comprise the _.
(a) autonomic nervous system
(b) peripheral nervous system
(c) central nervous system
(d) efferent nervous system
(e) afferent nervous system
2) Which of the following lists the parts
This is a representative of Exam I that you will take Tuesday September 18, 2007. The actual
exam will be 50 multiple choice questions.
(1) The basic structural and functional unit of the human body is:
b) the cell.
Wills 2nd Pre-Test
1) Where does glycolysis occur in the cell?
a) The cell membrane
b) The Nucleus
c) The cytoplasm
d) The mitochondria
2) What is produced in Glycolysis in the absence of Oxygen?
3) In a cell,
Pre-Test for October 30
1. The action potential begins at the _ of the neuron.
c) Axon Hillock
2. The central nervous system consists of _.
a) the brain and motor nerves
b) the brain and sensory nerves
c) the brain and spin