OM3 Chapter 11
Forecasting and Demand Planning
1. Accurate forecasts are needed primarily on the upstream side of the value chain.
2. Forecasts are used by all functional areas of an organization, such as accounting, fi
Thirty samples of 600 items were collected from an
assembly line and the number of defective items was
reported. Construct a p-chart using this data, which
appears on the "Data" worksheet.
Number of samples
You have four components available for assembly into the system shown.
The reliabilities of the four co
Homework 1 Instructions
Marine International manufactures and sells aquarium equipment. One of
their new products is a tank filter sysem. Marine has the option of producing
the filter system in-house or outsourcing the production to Bayfront
Supply chain basics
o Coordinates flows of material, services, and information among supply chain
Manufacturers/ service providers
o All supply chains do not have all five stages
Service positioning matrix
o Product process matrix does not apply to services
o Service positioning matrix is based on pathways
A unique route through a service system
o Customer routed services
Many possible pathways
Customer selects best p
Chapter 2- value chains
Concept of value
Peceied benefits from goods and services relative to their price
Increase value by
Adding features to a product
Adding services to a CBP
Competitively dominant custome
What is om
o Creates and delivers goods and services
o Designs goods and services and processes
o Manages the day to day operation of those processes
o Seeks improvement of goods services and processes
o Success requires efficient processes that
OM Chapter 14
Operations Scheduling and Sequencing
1. Scheduling refers to the assignment of start and completion times to particular jobs, people, or equip ment.
2. Sequencing refers to determining the assignment of a particula
OM3 Chapter 13
1. The process of aggregate planning is carried out for all individual SKUs for an organization.
2. The process of aggregate planning uses time buckets of a day or week in length.
OM3 Chapter 10
1. Capacity can be measured two ways: as the maximum rate of output, or as the units of resource avail ability.
2. A capacity decision is strictly a short-term decision.