Laboratory Assignment 9
Actuators and Encoders
1. Describe the signal coming from an encoder and how it is used.
2. Wire a relay to an actuator.
3. Employ on/off control for a conveyor.
I: Configure SCC
Temperature Measurements using Signal Conditioning Modules
1. Connect and configure a thermocouple for use
2. Connect and configure a thermistor for use.
3. Implement a resistance to temperature conversion in LabVIEW
October 20, 2009
Laboratory Assignment 6
Sensor Applications & Integration
1. Summarize at least one real-life application for the sensors studied in lab up
to this point.
2. Specify the equipment needed to
How do the signals compare in terms of amplitude? Phase?
(Amplitude) We calculated the gain by Vout/Vin =4.49/1 A=4.49
(Phase) We found that both signals are 180 degrees out of phase.
There is a gain of 4.494 (Vo / Vin). The cut