Database Schema Lab CSCI-N211
The database schema is a single line of text for each table, describing the relational structure of
the table using an industry standard format.
The relation name is written first, in all capital (uppercase) letters. This is
214 Aston Road
47 West Bridge St
Order Date Cust ID
42 East Elm, Lebanon
311 South 31, Carmel
Pizza Name Quantity
Pool of easy general questions:
01) Query the classes in the class table.
02) Query all data from the bugs table.
03) Query a single example of a record from the orders table.
04) Query Bug ID, Latitude, and Longitude from the Specimen table.
05) Query th
You will be making a normalized database complete with queries, forms, and reports;
either alone or in a group. This project will include a paper. For your proposal, please
answer the following.
1) What sort of database will you be making?
Thursday Sate Salary Queries
01) Query all Job Names in Indiana or Ohio.
02) Query all Job Names in Indiana and sort them by hourly wage from greatest to least.
03) Query the average total employment of each state. (group by state)
04) Query all records w
The purpose of this exercise is to quickly and easily scrape real world data from the internet for use in a database.
3) A google account may be needed to access google docs
4) The website you are scraping data from might
N211 Midterm Spring 2014
1) Download the Midterm Exam workbook (MidtermExam.xlsx)
2) Start by looking over sheets 7, 1, and 4 to see the data you will be working with
3) In sheet 6, copy / paste the data from Sheet 1 and normalize it into first for
SSN Social Security number of the criminal
Last Name, First Name first name and last name of the criminal
Age age in years
Gender male, female, other
Crime Category The type of crime the criminal committed (Littering , Jaywalking, Homicide
Users and Input Access