2. The DBA determines the access privileges for all users and enters the appropriate
authorization rules in the DBMS catalog to ensure that users access the database only in ways
to which they are entitled.
4. Specifies the ongoing and emergency actions a
2. In a centralized database, data is located in a single location so there is no need to try and
decide where the data will be kept at other location. In a distributed data base, you need the
help of a DDBMS to control t
2. Metadata is data about data in a table. The catalog maintains the Metadata for the DBMS
4. Concurrent update is when multiple user make updates to the same database at the same
6. Locking denied other users access to data while the DMNS processes
Chapter 6 Review Questions (even)
2. Because a user view is a set of requirements that is necessary to support the operations of
a particular database user.
4. The steps of the information-level design method are: Represent the user view as a
2. A -> B; C, D
4. A candidate key is a column or a collection of columns on which all columns in the table are
6. Second normal form when it is first normal form and no monkey column is dependent on only
SQL Test (100 Points)
Write a SQL statement for the following questions.
1. Create the following tables Persons and Orders (20 points).
Create Table Persons
Create Table Orders
The purpose of the WHERE cause in SQL is to list any conditions what you want to
apply to the data you want to retrieve. Select and From are operators of the WHERE
A COMPUTED FIELD is a field whos values you derive from existing fields. Thes
Chapter 1 Review Questions:
Difficulty accessing related data
A relationship is a n association between entities. A one to many relationship is when
one entitle is associated to many entities but these entities only