1. Most early research on motivation was rooted in
Answer: behavioral theory
2. Motivation to success in academic setting should be cultivated
Answer: early and through adolescence
3. Flow is most closely associated with
Answer: intrinsic motiva
1. Firstborn children are
Answer: usually more achievement-oriented than those born later.
2. Which of these statements about divorced families is true?
Answer: The majority of adolescents competently cope with their parents divorce.
3. Bill's p
2. The most widely recognized marker of entry into adulthood in the United States is
Answer: taking a job that is more or less permanent and full time
3. Developmentalists have defined _ periods of development.
4. If one categori
1. On the playground, girls teach girls and boys teach boys about their gender behaviors. This is
Answer: peer socialization.
2. According to Kohlberg, the main changes in gender development occur
Answer: in childhood
3. Which behavior
1. A tendency to favor one's own group over others is called
2. Of the different ethnic groups living in the United States, _ are the most
Answer: Asian Americans
3. When an adolescent has a negative
1. For consequences to be effective the teacher must know
Answer: the developmental level and individual preferences.
2. According to classical conditioning theory, learning occurs because
Answer: behavior has changed as a result of stimulusrespo
1. Educational psychology links the science of psychology to
Answer: Educational practice
2. Waiting for Superman is a movie that follows
Answer: urban students
3. INTASC standards are used by colleges and universities to evaluate
1. A contemporary measure of IQ would investigate how well a student performs
Answer: on a limited set of cognitive tasks.
2. Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences proposes the eight intelligences
3. Sternberg's theory of s