Definition: A pointer variable is a variable whose content is an address of another variable.
int a = 7, *aPtr;
aPtr = &a;
Address of operator
cout < a;
cout < *aPtr;
cout < aPtr
University of Sharjah
College of Sciences
Department of Computer Science
Programming for Engineers (1411113)
Final Exam, Spring 2014 - 2015
Date: Sunday, 31st, May 2015; Time: 13:30 15:30
Student Name: _
Please circle the name of your instructor:
Identify major components of computer hardware.
Identify the different phases of problem solving.
Analyze simple problems and design algorithms and
represent them in pseudo-code or flowcharts.
Develop, test, and d
Part I: Assignment and Selection
Answer only one question from this part (1 or 2)
Money Change: Write a C+ program that given any amount of money (less than 200
Dirham), the program computes how many 50 Dirham, 20 Dirham, 10 Dirham, 5 Dirham, and
1. (7.5 Marks) Indicate whether each of the following statements is True or False:
Assume all variables are properly declared. The
output of the C+ code above is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.
Expression in the above if state
Data Types (16-bit)
Write a program that finds the maximum element among the elements of a one-dimensional array.
using namespace std;
int maximum ( int [ ], int );
/ function prototype
const int arraySize = 10;
int i, maxValue;
int a[ arr
Motivating Questions (0)
1. How do you execute a shell script?
2. How do you use variables?
3. How do you substitute the output of a command?
4. How do you conditionally execute commands?
5. How do you check if a file exists?
1. What is my IP address?
2. What services are running on my machine?
3. What is Notre Dame's IP address?
4. How do I retrieve something from the web?
5. How do we measure bandwidth and latency?
6. How do I transf
1. What is Unix?
2. What is a Shell?
3. What is Git?
1. Where is ls located?
2. How large is my ~/.cshrc?
3. How do I prevent people from reading my
4. How do I create a shortcut to my course
1. How do you save the result of a command?
2. How do you spam your friend's terminal?
3. How do you ignore error messages?
4. How do you input multiple lines of text
Motivation: Streams of Text
How do y
1. What programs am I running?
2. How do I terminate a process?
3. How do I change my identity?
A process is an instance
of a running program.
Each process has:
Process ID (PID)
[007 - The World is Not Enough (U)]
Have All Levels Unlocked,="For Single Player Mode Only",0,81102EE6-0021,
Invincibility On All levels,=0,81112F68-0101,
Unlock Multi-Player Levels, Scenarios, And Weapons,=0,50001501-0000,81112F700101,
DaedalusX64 Beta 2 - 1 March 2009
[+] Added exception handler to emulation (Chilly Willy)
[+] Made UI selection wrap at top and bottom (Chilly Willy)
[+] Cleaned up the ROM preferences (Chilly Willy)
[+] ME Audio uses CPU event (CPU event system made th
using namespace std;
for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i+)
arry[i] = i;
arry = 30;
bool bFound = false;
for (int i = 0; i < sizeof(arry) / sizeof(int); i+) cfw_
for (int j = i + 1; j < sizeof(arry) / siz
; The first three lines of this file were inserted by DrRacket. They record
; about the language level of this file in a form that our tools can easily
#reader(lib "htdp-beginner-reader.ss" "lang")(modname reciprocal) (read-casesensitive