5a. Cost variance = -5,000
Schedule variance = -3,000
Cost performance index = 80%
Schedule performance index = 86%
5b. The project is going poorly, it is behind schedule and over budget.
5c. Estimate at completion for this project is $150,000. The projec
1. Outsourcing is when an organization acquires goods and sources from an outside
source. The reasons why organizations outsource is to, lower operational and
labor costs, continue focusing on core business process
1. The processes involved in project cost/budget management are; plan cost
management, estimate costs, determine the budget, and control costs.
2. It is important for a PM to understand financial terms because memb
1. A project is individual or collaborative work that is thoughtfully planned and
made to create a unique product, service or result. Projects are different from
day-to-day operations because they have a unique pur
1. The five project management process groups are initiating, planning, executing,
monitoring and control, and closing. The initiating process has a key output of
project charter and involves creating the objective
The dataset I am evaluating is the Cats dataset in R. This dataset contains a
study of 144 adult cats that are over the weight of 2kg. These cats were used for
experiments with the drug digitalis and all had their h
1. The file contains 7 records. There are 5 fields per record.
2. A problem I would encounter if I wanted to produce a listing by city is, the
address is altogether and the file will not know which one is the city in the
address. I would solve this proble
1. Using the INVOICE table structure shown in Table P6.3, do the following.
Table P6.3 Sample INVOICE Records