Review questions Exam #5
Mon May 5 8am
Fri May 10 8am
Tues May 6 at 10:30am ALL in SU 339
ST 12 unions
What has been the trend for unions in the US? What percentage of workers belong to unions? What
factors explain the decline in unions in the US?
homework for Mon Apr 28
I will talk some about the basics of personal finance on Monday and want you to read some about it
before I present my materials do a summary of the two articles below they will overlap but maybe
that re-enforces the main poi
ST 13 & 14
for Wed Apr 23
One of the features that I like best about this textbook is its coverage of these two topics. As you will see,
the texts view generally runs counter to what is popularly thought. Im curious to what extent you agree
Homework ST 12 p. 693
Wed April 9
1. Describe the trend for union membership as shown by Exh. 1; what explains the decline
of union membership? What percentage of non-farm workers belong to a union?
2. Which groups are more likely to belong to a uni
for Wed Apr 16
Micro economics usually focuses on the need for market to be free without government interference but
there are times when some government is needed. This chapter deals with these times.
1. How is efficiency explained i
My note theres much material that Id like to cover in this chapter and some of it you can read on your
own. Complete this homework as best you can. No need to get too wordy.
Fri Apr 11
income inequality and poverty
1. What do
For Fri March 28 Ch. 26 & ST 11
1. What impact would discrimination have on wages based on its impact on labor demand? Draw
Exh. 3. Explain what this diagram is showing. (In class Ill present the crowding theory to show
how overcrowding in
next exam Mon Apr 7th
Homework for Mon. March 17
1. which market are we now in the circular flow? Who demands resources (factors of production)?
Who supplies them?
2. what is meant by investment in human capital? (this term will be important
Exam: Wed Feb 12
For Wed Feb 5
1. Explain the principal-agent problem. What is shirking?
2. What are the three types of business firms? Most firms are of which type? What
revenue comes from which type?
3. Explain the three major factors that