Hematology Discussion Posts #2
1) You are traveling through the bone marrow. Describe what you see when you come to the Erythroblastic
Island. Tell the story of the erythroblast inhabitants and how they interact with each other. Be creative!
Within the bo
Discussions #2 Chemistry
Provide a brief overview of carbohydrate biochemistry and metabolism.
-Carbohydrates are organic molecules, meaning they are made up of only carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
According to Sunheimer and Graves (2011) carbohydrates ca
Hematology discussions #1
1. Patient Aaron had an RBC count of 4.0 * 1012/L. Explain why a hospital in Alabama might
consider this value "normal," whereas a facility in Utah may recognize Aarons RBC as "below"
The terms normal parameter is subject
Chemistry Study Guide Week 2
-Which statement listed below is a reason to reject an analytical run?
Two consecutive control results exceed 2 standard deviations above or below the
-A 22s quality control rule violation is defined as:
Week 4 Homework Questions- Complete the following clearance questions. Use the file from Mosby's
Diagnostic & Reference Test Reference for normal reference ranges to help answer the questions. Each
problem is worth 5 points for a total of 15 points.
Chemistry Study Question #1
A 1 to 4 dilution must be prepared to make a total volume of 100.0 L. How much serum must be used?
A patient's calcium result is 8.0 mg/dL. Convert this result to mmol/L.
10 L of
Case 5. A young mother drives herself to the ED with severe nausea and weakness. She has a
history with a history of stomach ulcers has tried to heal her ulcers by taking large quantities of
calcium carbonate (TUMS) and drinking lots of milk.
1. What are the patients most striking clinical and laboratory findings?
Low vitamin D, elevated alkaline phosphate, elevated calcium, elevated PTH, postmenopausal with history of heart related disease. Her symptoms of bone pain and weakness
The Ideal Gas Law
1 atm = 100 kPa
0C = 273K
P1V1 = P2V2
V1/T1 = V2/T2
P1/T1 = P2/T2
STP = 0C , 1 atm
P dry gas
= P wet gas
R= 8.31 (L)(kPa)/(mol)(K) OR 0.0831 (L)(atm)/
1. The walls of a refrigerator are typically constructed by sandwiching a layer of insulation between
sheet metal panels. Consider a wall made from fiberglass insulation of thermal conductivity ki =
0.046 W/m K and thickness Li = 50 mm and steel panels, e
Chapter 15 HW
Created: 4:43:30 PM CDT
1. If a solute dissolves in an endothermic process A. H bonds must exist between solvent and solute. B. strong ion-dipole forces must exist in the solution. C. the solute must be a gas. D. the entropy of th
Ch 12 notes The spontaneous mixing of gases illustrates one of nature's strong driving forces for change. A system, left to itself, will tend toward the most probable state.1 At the instant we remove the partition, the container holds two separate gas sam