Running head: EN361 MID 1
1. Periodical indexes help researchers find journal and magazine articles they need for a
2. Memos may be sent to only one person.
3. A memo should not cover more than one main id
EN 361 MID 3
FILL IN THE BLANKS
9. The _ nature of the Internet means that web pages respond to user input
10. In the planning of web pages, it is important to identify the defining characteristics, or _,
of the audience (for example, age, income, and mar
Ronny Cherian (MD)
Cherian bike performance,
25hkb north extension
Date: July 31st 2014
Zip code: 790658
Subject: Regarding Cherian bike performance services.
Cherian bike performance is pleased to announce that w
EN316 MID 17
33. When a person is writing for the Web, what is the importance of the inverted pyramid?
The inverted pyramid is a metaphor used by journalists and other writers to illustrate how
information should be prioritized and structured in a text (e
EN316 MID 6
19. List three ways technical writing is different from academic writing.
Specific Audiences (technical writing)
General Audience (academic writing)
EN316 MID 20
38. Listed below are the organizational patterns for correspondence. The order for each one is
mixed up. Correct the order by numbering (with 1, 2, and 3) which parts come first, second, and
third.Bad News Message_ Make a constructive suggest
EN 361MID 5
Match each term with the correct definition
A. goodwill = Personal stories used in persuasive messages in which people describe how a product
or service worked for them
B. testimonials = The value of doing things to create mutual respect and a