research department by herself. She often felt in over her head, but she knew this was a good
opportunity to learn, and she hated to give up her new responsibilities.
One day Derek Perkins, the editor in chief of the magazine, comes into Kiahs office to t
Presenting Visual Aids
1. Have I checked the speech room to decide where I can display
my visual aids most effectively?
2. Have I practiced presenting my visual aids so they will be
clearly visible to everyone in the audience?
3. Have I p
1. Are all my major claims supported by evidence?
2. Do I use sufficient evidence to convince my audience of my claims?
3. Is my evidence stated in specific rather than general terms?
4. Do I use evidence that is new to my audience?
5. Is my evidence from
To help you better understand how we actually bring unfounded fear into our lives, make a list of
the things you are afraid to do. This is not a list of things you are afraid of, such as being afraid
of spiders, but t