The Evolution of the Mass Media
The Functions of the Mass Media
The Mass Media and Political Coverage
Assignment 13: 287-293
1. How did Cable TV begin?
Cable TV began as a means to get television signals to homes via cables, when the homes could
not receive signals from broadcast television.
2. What major issue sparked FCC regula
Assignment 22: 135-145
1. Who was it that first announced plans to start a magazine in the colonies?
The first person to propose that a magazine should be created in the colonies was Benjamin
2. Why was there such an in
Amplitude modulation of radio waves.
Arbitron The professional research organization that measures radio audiences.
The sound recording industry trade publication that tabulates record popularity.
A policy of
Assignment 17: 87-92
1. What are mass media companies hoping to acquire from apps?
Mass media companies hope to acquire more visitors and increased revenue from
2. What are the three methods consumers can use to
Assignment 1: 3-11
1. How do messages travel to receivers?
Messages travel to receivers through channels.
2. Who are the decoders in the decoding process?
The decoders in the decoding process are the receivers.
3. Why is feedback
Assignment 20: 105-110
1. What are paywalls?
They are a means for companies like the New York Times to make revenue. Essentially, they
charge readers to access online articles.
2. What was the central issue with paywalls?