- A minority response to the prejudice and discrimination; based on powerlessness, fear for
personal safety, desire for economic security, or split-labor-market theory fatalism.
Accommodation (Pluralistic) Theory
Race and Ethnic Relations
Exam Review Sheet
- A viewpoint emphasizing African culture and its influence on western civilization
and the behavior of American blacks.
- One socially defined unchangeable posit
- The process by which a group changes its distinctive cultural traits to conform with those
of the host society.
- A sequential flow of immigrants to a locality previously settled by friends,
Prejudice and Discrimination
Action-Orientation Level of Prejudice
- A positive or negative pre-disposition to engage in discriminatory behavior toward
members of a particular group.
- * A person who harbors strong feelings