File: ch01, Chapter 1: Projects in Contemporary Organizations
1. The authors identify three forces that combine to mandate the use of teams to solve problems.
Identify the force that the authors did not name.
a) The growing demand for a br
Lesniak/ Janine/ December 5, 2016
Chapter 9/ Page 414/ #4,6
4. As soon as possible, as late as possible, shortest task first, and minimum slack first. Overall,
the minimum slack first rule is the best because it results in the minimum amount of project
File: ch07, Chapter 7: Budgeting and Cost Estimation
1. If a project budget is overfunded, it will often _.
a) Produce waste
b) Encourage slack management
c) Improve morale
d) Produce waste and encourage slack management
File: ch13, Chapter 13: Project Termination
1. The termination stage of the project rarely has much impact on _.
a) Residual attitudes of the client towards the project
b) Technical success or failure of the project
c) Residual attitudes o
File: ch10, Chapter 10: Monitoring and Information Systems
1. Monitoring, as an activity, should be kept distinct from _, which uses data supplied
by monitoring to bring actual performance into approximate congruence with planned
File: ch11, Chapter 11: Project Control
1. Control is focused on _ elements of a project.
a) Performance, quality, and customer satisfaction
b) Performance, delivery, and cost
c) Performance, cost, and time
d) Cost, time, and customer sati
File: ch12, Chapter 12: Project Auditing
1. The project audit covers _.
a) Financial matters only
b) Operating matters only
c) Ethical matters only
d) Any matter of importance to management
Response: Refer to chapter 12, introductio
File: ch09, Chapter 9: Resource Allocation
1. In CPM, _ are specified.
a) Two activity times
b) Two activity times and two costs
c) Two costs
d) An expected time, a crash time, and the standard deviation time
Response: Refer to sect
File: ch05, Chapter 5: Project Planning
1. The project plan must be designed in such a way that the project outcome meets _.
a) The criteria used to justify its selection
b) Unauthorized requests for change in the project outcome
c) The re
File: ch08, Chapter 8: Scheduling
1. The authors recommend preparing a schedule for each _.
a) Work package in the WBS
b) Task in the WBS
c) Major task level in the WBS
d) Project that has a WBS
Response: Refer to section 8.1.
File: ch06, Chapter 6: Conflict and Negotiation
1. A party to a conflict will usually be satisfied when the level of frustration has been _.
a) Totally eliminated by dominating the other party
b) Lowered to the point where no action agains
File: ch03, Chapter 3: The Project Manager
1. Identify the attribute that is not normally associated with the job of functional manager.
a) The functional manager is usually a generalist in the area being managed
b) The functional manager
File: ch04, Chapter 4: Project Organization
1. Identify the statement that is not a major advantage of placing a project within a functional
element of the parent organization.
a) The flexible use of staff increases
b) Expertise is easily
File: ch02, Chapter 2: Strategic Management and Project Selection
1. All of the following are common problems in organizations trying to manage multiple projects
a) Delays in one project delay other projects because of common res
Lesniak/ Janine/ December 7, 2016
Chapter 10/ Page 455/ #6, 9
6. EV AC = cost variance (CV, overrun is negative): describes the difference between the
amount of money we budgeted for the work that has been performed to date (earned value) and
the actual c