Chapter 4 - Application Software: Programs That Let You Work
Programs That Let You Work
o The Nuts & Bolts of Software
Software: Instructions that tell the computer what to do
Two Basic Types of Software
Chap. 4 Page 137
1. B. Software that is available on demand via the Internet is called Software as a Service(SaaS).
3. A. Spreadsheet is the type of program takes advantage of automatic recalculation and what-if
4. B. Open source software can be
Total (for company)
Expenses Total yearly sales Total yearly expenses
Average quarterly sales
Average quarterly expenses
Total yearly commission
COURSE: MFC101 - Introduction to Computers and Information Systems
INSTRUCTOR: Andy MacVie
Using Technology to Change the World
Read Ethics in IT: The Digital Divide and the Mobile Bridge
Looking at Compu
Home Work Assignments Spring 2015
Instructor: Andy MacVie
HOMEWORK DIRECTIONS: Read Chapters and answer the following questions,
completely. That means if you submit an assignment with the answers as A, B, C or D or
T (True) or F (False) they will
void foo(const int a,const int b);
void bar(int &a);
int var1 = 10;
int var2 = 20;
void foo(const int a,const int b)
std:cout < a < " " < b < std:end
Exam 1 Review
review the vector class that you did for lab 2. Be sure to review the follow
concepts what is a vector and how does it differ from an array. why do we use
an initialization list for the explicit constructor of the vector? How does is this
1. B. QR codes is not a technology that has been used to deliver assistance during times of crisis.
2. C. Cognitive surplus means that we now find many people with excess time and free tools for
3. D. Collaborative consumption is
1. B. To document a problem you are having, you can use Steps Recorder.
2. C. USB 3.0 is not a type of video port.
4. A. To improve video performance, modern computers have a GPU in addition to the CPU.
5. C. The faster data transfer port for compute
1. C Compiling a program turn source code into an executable program.
2. D. The step of the SDLC in which we document the transfer of data from the point where it
enters the system to its final storage or output is the development phase.
3. A. Th
Chapter 6: Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
Your Ideal Computer
o Things to consider
Very important for musician and gamers
Tells us that every 18 months, our CPU will increase by 50% and cost per
1. Compiling a program turns source code into an executable program, C. (pg. 423)
2. The step of the SDLC in which we document the transfer of data from the point where it enters
the system to its final stage or output is the design
1. Software that is available on demand via the Internet is called Software as a Service (SaaS), B.
This is where the vendor hosts the software online and you access and use the software over the
Internet without having to install it
2. VoIP is a phone service that works over an Internet connection, B. Some VoIP providers
include Skype, Comcast and Verizon. (pg. 319)
3. MMS, A, is a service that allows you to use your cell phone or smartphone to send messages
1. While multiple technologies such as Ushahidi, social networking and e-mail are used during
times of crisis, some technologies such as QR codes, B are not very practical in those situations.
2. Cognitive surplus simply means
1. Dolby Digital 7.1 creates 8-channel surround sound, C. by taking digital sound from a
medium (such as a Blu-ray disc) and reproduces it in eight channels. (pg. 246)
3. Unlike HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort USB 3.0, C, is not a video po
September 27, 2016
1. Software as a service is software that is available on demand via the Internet.
3. A spreadsheet is a type of program that takes advantage of automatic recalculation
and what it anal
1. Software that is available on demand via the Internet is called Software as a
3. Spreadsheet takes advantage of automatic recalculation and what-if analysis.
4. The program can be changed and is freely di
1. Decentralization of files and data is not an advantage of installing a network in a business.
3. To manage authorized connections to the internal network, authentication would a
client/server network include.
4. Star is most
Geolocation Devices Are a Threat to Privacy
From my point of view, geolocation devices are a huge threat to everyone. Many people
have smartphones. People use smartphones play games or sent emails, but they do not know
The database table definition is as follows:
The data is as follows:
John Adams, President, $400,000,
Tom Smith, Senior Vice President, $250,000,
Susan Johnson, Vice President, $200,000,