Chapter 10: Inventory Management
1. If a reorder point is increased, what happens to its service level?
2. If a reorder point is increased, what happens to its safety stock?
3. If a reorder point is decreased, what happens to its sto
1. Is the critical path the shortest or longest path through a
2. If task A is an immediate predecessor of task B, what must be true
about the scheduled timing of these two tasks?
task A must be completed first
Chapter 12 (Lean operation)
1. Does lean operation rely on implicit or explicit production planning?
2. Is a lean operation considered a push or a pull system?
3. Does lean operation rely more on precise calculations or reaction to si
Chapter 13 (Quality Control)
1. A production process that exhibits only natural variation would be considered what?
2. Another term or description for natural variation is what?
3. If a point plotted on a control chart falls ou
Costs incurred at a facility even when it is idle are called what?
2. What is the viewpoint of someone nicknamed a NIMBY?
not in my back yard
3. What are costs that vary with volume of associated activity called?
1.Is the end customer upstream or downstream from a manufacturer?
2. Is a tier 1 supplier associated with the inbound or outbound logistics of another
3. In the supplier positioning model, the X and Y axes are composed o
Minute Answer #1 to #12
An 80,000 seat stadium was created with what kind of facility
Fixed position layout
Designing a process layout focuses on determining what?
Name two disadvantages of a product layout.
1. Aggregate planning can also be thought of as what kind of capacity planning?
Medium or Intermediate Term
2. The process of translating an aggregated value into individual estimates
corresponding to specific products is referred to as what?
1. If an organization deliberately tolerates a possibility of loss, is
this possibility a strategic or an external risk?
2. Consider three organizations, one operating during an
emergency, one during a crisis, and one during a di
1. The total amount of time required to complete a schedule is called
2. Line balancing is a technique for scheduling for a system that
produces at what level of volume?
3. Do deadlines determine the timing in forward or bac