Chapter 9: Environmental Health Risks: At Home, at Work, and in the Community
1. Which of the following events marked the beginning of the most outstanding improvements in
Discovery of antibiotics
Creation of safe
Chapter 4: Financing of Health Care: Context for Community/Public Health Nursing
1. What approach have nurses historically used when providing care and paying attention to
Giving the best possible nursing care regardless o
Chapter 8: Communicable Diseases
1. What was one of the first public health measures legislated by the U.S. federal government?
a. Funding local government provision of safe water
b. Using the power to impose quarantine
Chapter 6: Legal Context for Community/Public Health Nursing Practice
1. In which legislation can most public health documents be found?
a. County or district law
b. Federal acts
c. Local ordinances
d. State statutes
Chapter 3: The United States Health Care System
1. What is the main difference in the health care system in the United States between President
Clintons vision in 1994 and todays reality?
Funding is totally centralized or decentr
Chapter 10: Relevance of Culture and Values for Community/Public Health Nursing
1. Which of the following statistics related to diversity in the United States is accurate?
a. One per five people belongs to an ethnic or racial min
Chapter 5: Global Health
1. A public health nurse is concerned about a recent influenza outbreak in Germany. Why would
the nurse be interested in a health issue occurring outside of the United States?
a. Highly infectious disease
Chapter 2: Origins and Future of Community/Public Health Nursing
1. With what aspect of the population being served have both nursing and public health always
been most concerned?
Chapter 7: Epidemiology: Unraveling the Mysteries of Disease and Health
1. Who was the first nurse epidemiologist who pioneered the use of statistics to improve public
Chapter 1: Responsibilities for Care in Community/Public Health Nursing
1. A community/public health nurse is best defined as a nurse who
a. Applies concepts and knowledge from nursing and public health.
b. Gives care to families