1. Appreciate the importance of the bulk flow of blood from the heart to the tissues
2. List the three components that make up the circulatory system.
3. Give the average total blood volume and the relative volumes of formed elements
and blood plasma; def
Question 2 1 I 1 ts
Which of the following statements about homeostasis is FALSE?
Illness can result if homeostasis is disrupted.
The extracellular uid is maintained in a state compatible for
The primary mechanism to maintain homeostasis is positiv
Practice Chapter 1
Exocrine glands are derived from what type of tissue?
Blood is what type of tissue?
Where is most of our total body water located?
o Inside cells
ISF and plasma extracellular
What is the primar
(a) Chemical level: a molecule in
the membrane that encloses a cell
(b) Cellular level:
units of life
1. When an image is brought closer to the eyes, the:
a. Ciliary muscle contracts to make the lens thicker
2. Which of the following structures have stereocilia embedded in a cupula?
c. Semilunar Canals
3. Receptor Types
Plasma Membrane (polar)
1. Gated Channel
a. 1st messenger binds to receptor, changes confirmation
b. Ions go in/out of cell
c. 2nd messenger- intracellular- releases message
a. Alpha moves across plasma membrane to effector (enzyme/