LECTURE 8 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. During a clinical interview, the clinicians goals do NOT include obtaining
a. Frequency, duration, and intensity of the problem
c. Goal specification
d. How much the client enjoys the interview
LECTURE 15 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. True or False: All treatments work equally well for all disorders.
2. Which of the following does NOT influence treatment outcome?
a. Common factors
b. Client characteristics
c. Therapist characteristics
Lecture 5 Study Questions
1. Which of the following statements is/are FALSE?
a. Fear is apprehension or worry about a future threat.
b. Both fear and anxiety can be adaptive.
c. Fear triggers a flight-or-fight response.
d. Moderate levels of anxiety incre
Lecture 7 Study Questions
1. Alpha is a measure of
a. Content validity
b. Inter-rater reliability
c. Convergent validity
d. Internal consistency
e. Predictive validity
2. Kappa is a measure of
a. Content validity
b. Inter-rater reliability
c. Convergent v
Lecture 3 Study Questions
1. Path diagrams are used to
a. Describe the methodology used in an experiment.
b. Describe the way the results should be analyzed in an experiment.
c. Describe the reason why its important to conduct an experiment.
d. Describe t
LECTURE 11 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Three of the six most commonly used assessment procedures used by clinical
psychologists in the US are projective tests.
2. Three of the six most commonly used assessment procedures used by clinical
LECTURE 10 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Malingering refers to deliberately exaggerating psychological symptoms during a
2. The Content and Clinical scales on the MMPI-2 are commonly used in legal
contexts to evaluate malingerin
LECTURE 14 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. True or False: An empirically supported treatment (EST) is a treatment that has no
research to support it.
2. Statistical significance addresses_; practical significance addresses _.
a. The magnitude of an ef
Lecture 1 Study Questions
1. Which profession serves as the major front line provider of psychosocial (not pharmacologic)
mental health services?
A. Clinical psychologist
B. Nurse practitioner
C. Social Worker
D. Counseling psychologist
E. None of the abo
Lecture 2 Study Questions
1. Which of the following are relevant factors for defining abnormality?
b. Harm to self or others
c. Developmental stage
d. A and C
e. All of the above
2. A clinical syndrome is a very severe symptom.
Lecture 4 Study Questions
1. True or False: In order to meet criteria for a diagnosis of major depression, a client needs to
report both depressed mood and loss of pleasure in usual activities (anhedonia).
2. Which of the following sympto
Lecture 13: Study Questions
1. _ percent of people treated with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for Panic Disorder no
longer experience panic attacks. at the end of treatment.
2. CBT for panic disorder inclu
LECTURE 17 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Critical incident stress debriefing (CISD) is designed to prevent symptoms of
c. Bipolar Disorder
d. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
e. Generalized Anxiety Disorder
2. True or False: In critical
Lecture 16 Study Questions
1. Who are the key decision makers regarding mental health care decisions?
a. Health care administrators
b. Purchasers of health plans
c. Insurance companies
d. Therapists and clients
e. A, B, and C
2. The percentage of people r
LECTURE 9 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Most current intelligence tests are based on a(n) _ model of
2. True or False: In a plural model of intelligence, there is a single g factor tha
LECTURE 12 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. True or False: An intervention is a method of producing changes in behavior, thoughts, or
feelings, in the context of a professional relationship.
2. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the course
Lecture 6 Study Questions
1. Tolerance and Withdrawal are two diagnostic criteria for Alcohol Abuse.
2. How many harmful consequences must be present (at a mimimum) to receive a
diagnosis of Alcohol Abuse?
Information on Exam One 9/26/12
Hi everyone. Im writing to provide some details about the first exam, which is next Monday in class. Well start
at 3:30 sharp and collect all exams at 4:20 sharp, so please arrive a few minutes early to get settled into you
Information on Exam Three
Hi everyone. Im writing to provide some details about the third (final) exam, which is Friday the 14th from 12:30-2:30 in
LR1 in Van Allen. The classroom holds only 304 students, so please arrive a few minutes early to get settle
Information on Exam Two
Hi everyone. Im writing to provide some details about the second exam, which is on Monday in class. Well
start at 3:30 sharp and collect all exams at 4:20 sharp, so please arrive a few minutes early to get settled into your
Lecture 18 Study Questions
1. Some of the characteristics of clinical science, as opposed to pseudoscience, are that
a. Clinical scientists look for alternative explanations to their findings.
b. Measurement strategies are standardized and useful.